Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let’s hope Porsche does this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
I like it too
Superhawk996
The EV element will make the performance interesting. As I've said before, max torque at 0 RPM is nearly impossible for an ICE engine to beat.

However, as an EV it will weigh too much which will affect agility, range will be too limited, and "affordable" will only be in comparison to the Taycan.

I've never been a fan of this family brand styling that is going on in so many OEMs. Porsche is but one example. For years, at 100 yeards, its been hard to tell a Boxter from a Cayman from a Panamera from a Macan from a Cayenne. OK the Macan and the Cayenne are a giveaway but only by ride height.

This rendering is just a continuation of that trend. dry.gif

Remember when you could tell a 356 from a 911 from a 914 from a 924 from a 928? Ah, days gone by. confused24.gif I'll keep working on my teener!
mb911
I would love one.. But price will be to high.. If I could get one for 35k I would be interested for a commuter car.
JmuRiz
I’d be interested only if it has way more range than the taycan wacko.gif
Literati914
I just wish they'd rethink that short rear trunk.. it needs to be longer for a better nod to the original, JMHO.

Just realized what it reminds me of... Toyota MR2 cira Y2K.

IPB Image

thelogo
Just convert a 70 thru 76 914 to electric
You will be happier

76 is suddenly no longer useless in California av-943.gif

A range of 101 miles and speed equivlant to a ....
200 hp/ lbft torque would be plenty for me?

roblav1
I'm old school... yuk.
rhodyguy
I could not drive to Portland Oregon without stopping to charge. No thank you.
Rocky
I’m a little glass half full on this. I would love to see the 914 be revived and this seems like the right move given the e-push. Yes it looks like a version of any new model Porsche these days but if they could make it well balanced and affordable, bring it on.
cali914
sign me up gas is almost gone boys. How much does the Tesla powerplant cost. That would be great in a 914. It would probably just as fast as the Roadster.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(thelogo @ Jan 20 2020, 10:25 PM) *

Just convert a 70 thru 76 914 to electric

Please don't encourage the destruction of more perfectly good 914's to build a POS homebrew EV that has neither performance to match a stock Tesla or useful range confused24.gif blink.gif

There are literally millions of Miata, MR2, Honda Del Sol's and CRX's out there for that purpose without the need to destroy another 914.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(cali914 @ Jan 21 2020, 12:57 AM) *

sign me up gas is almost gone boys.

Sure peak oil, peak gas, I've been hearing that since the 70's.

When gas starts getting scarce it won't cost less than bottled water.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jan 20 2020, 10:16 PM) *

I just wish they'd rethink that short rear trunk.. it needs to be longer for a better nod to the original, JMHO.

Just realized what it reminds me of... Toyota MR2 cira Y2K.

av-943.gif keen eye! So true!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.