Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars on Kiawah 2020 just found out I was selected !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Pretty excited to be picked for the 2020 show.
I know Bob and Nadine had their race car win in 2018. We have some other local cars going as well. It should be pretty fun.

Hope some of you can come down and check out the show, Kiawah island is beautiful and weather should be perfect.

Phil
stevegm
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 20 2020, 11:50 PM) *

I know Bob and Nadine had their race car win in 2018. We have some other local cars going as well. It should be pretty fun.

Hope some of you can come down and check out the show, Kiawah island is beautiful and weather should be perfect.

Phil

Congrats Phil!
billh1963
Phil is carrying the 914 banner in the SouthEast! Going to be a busy year! cheer.gif first.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 21 2020, 07:14 AM) *

Phil is carrying the 914 banner in the SouthEast! Going to be a busy year! cheer.gif first.gif

When I entered I didn’t know how exclusive their selection is, but they are really trying to get a variety of vehicles from different eras etc to be like a live display of automotive history.
FYI on the Werks reunion site there is a list with a pic and bio of all the Porsche’s so far that have entered and accepted for judging on Friday at Amelia. I am doing a info board and still have to put that together - if the 15 Porsche 914’s at Amelia no one else even mentioned the 50th Anniversary in their Bio- I want to figure out a way to hang up the banner/flag I got at Okteenerfest, any ideas?? I was thinking tent poles...
dcecc1968
Congratulations Phil!
stevegm
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 21 2020, 08:16 AM) *

When I entered I didn’t know how exclusive their selection is, but they are really trying to get a variety of vehicles from different eras etc to be like a live display of automotive history.
FYI on the Werks reunion site there is a list with a pic and bio of all the Porsche’s so far that have entered and accepted for judging on Friday at Amelia. I am doing a info board and still have to put that together - if the 15 Porsche 914’s at Amelia no one else even mentioned the 50th Anniversary in their Bio- I want to figure out a way to hang up the banner/flag I got at Okteenerfest, any ideas?? I was thinking tent poles...

Their email says you can put a sign in front of your car.
jim_hoyland
Congrats ! Please post pics... smile.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 21 2020, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 21 2020, 08:16 AM) *

Their email says you can put a sign in front of your car.

Yes I am doing a sign- poster board with a 50th Anniversary motif and then both 914 history and the the car’s history, BUT the banner up behind the car as a backdrop would be cool- and i am not asking permission lol happy11.gif rolleyes.gif I might be left alone or not, it’s Werks not Parade so I think it will be fine.
Supposedly they are celebrating the 50th but there have been no emails or information about what that means or what they will look like- I expect there will be some more wel connected people being asked to put their cars in a display area maybe with other 914’s near by but no one seems to know.
FYI that’s for Werks- for Kiawah probably just the board, but will see- funny thing is they are “celebrating the beloved 356” WTF.gif I guess the didn’t get the memo that it’s the 914’s birthday??
Bruce Edge
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 20 2020, 11:50 PM) *

Phil

Hey DRPHIL914
the Kiawah Island show is going to be spectacular this year, with a big showing of Porsche's. The 356 Registry is planning for a large showing of their cars. I wish I could put my 914 in the show, but I have committed my 1962 356 Karmann Hardtop (Notchback) for the Registry. I have the 914 signed up for the The Werks Region at Amelia Island. Looking forward to seeing you.

Bruce
johnhora
CONGRATULATIONS DR. PHIL !
Bruce Edge
QUOTE(johnhora @ Jan 21 2020, 11:40 AM) *

CONGRATULATIONS DR. PHIL !

Hey Dr.Phil, As per your request, here is a couple pictures of what we look like so you can find us.

See you soon,
Bruce Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.