Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey April 18-19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
TonyA
Porsche Only Swap Meet, Hershey Pa Saturday, April 18, 2020. Porsche Only Swap Meet, Hershey Pa ... Vendor pre-registration will open on line January 10, 2020. www.cpa-pca.org/swap.

Putting this out there
because I always think about this too late.
Bruce Edge
QUOTE(TonyA @ Jan 21 2020, 04:25 PM) *

Porsche Only Swap Meet, Hershey Pa Saturday, April 18, 2020. Porsche Only Swap Meet, Hershey Pa ... Vendor pre-registration will open on line January 10, 2020. www.cpa-pca.org/swap.

Putting this out there

Has there been many 914 vendors there in the past.
If so, how well do used 914 parts sale there? Considering dragging a trailer
Load up from S.C. Also through about Ski-Round Top.
Stuckon914

Putting this out there

Thanks. Will be my first. Already on my calendar.
stevegm

Putting this out there

In the past we registered as a group, and were able to bunch the 914 spaces together. I guess with individual online registration we can’t do that anymore?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 21 2020, 06:19 PM) *

Putting this out there

In the past we registered as a group, and were able to bunch the 914 spaces together. I guess with individual online registration we can’t do that anymore?

Its always been individual registration.
What we would do is register a block. But PCA would not usually give us the passes that were commensurate with the amount of spaces we bought that way. So instead we would buy spaces 1 by 1 to get the tickets out to all the people that bought them.

I got REALLY tired of dealing with it, and I'm always glad when someone steps up to organize the event.

Zach
stevegm
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jan 21 2020, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 21 2020, 06:19 PM) *

Putting this out there

Its always been individual registration.
What we would do is register a block. But PCA would not usually give us the passes that were commensurate with the amount of spaces we bought that way. So instead we would buy spaces 1 by 1 to get the tickets out to all the people that bought them.

I got REALLY tired of dealing with it, and I'm always glad when someone steps up to organize the event.

Zach

I understand. So is anyone organizing it this year?
mepstein
I'm not doing it this year but did 4 or 5 years of the group buy. I used to go to a copy place and copy the letter and parking pass that they sent me so everyone who paid for space could get in. They used to send me one letter and one parking pass, even when I purchased 16 spots. Color copier fixed that but it's still a pain since they send out the passes a week before and then I had to get them to the 914 guys quickly.

There are a lot more empty spaces every year but it's still a fun day to catch up with everyone.
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 21 2020, 09:02 PM) *

I'm not doing it this year but did 4 or 5 years of the group buy. I used to go to a copy place and copy the letter and parking pass that they sent me so everyone who paid for space could get in. They used to send me one letter and one parking pass, even when I purchased 16 spots. Color copier fixed that but it's still a pain since they send out the passes a week before and then I had to get them to the 914 guys quickly.

There are a lot more empty spaces every year but it's still a fun day to catch up with everyone.

As far as I recall by doing it that way it allowed us to have spaces together, right? If so, I’d be happy to do it this year.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 21 2020, 09:13 PM) *

As far as I recall by doing it that way it allowed us to have spaces together, right? If so, I’d be happy to do it this year.

Yes
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 21 2020, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 21 2020, 09:13 PM) *

Yes

Let's see how many people are interested this year. If you would like a space in a "914 group," so to speak, can you let me know. We can see if there is interest, and if there is, I would be happy to handle getting them reserved in a group.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bruce Edge @ Jan 21 2020, 03:52 PM) *

I usually pack up the truck & trailer and drag it half way across the USA (Chicago area to Hershey) every year. This year I am thinking of maybe just bringing what I can in the truck only. The with fuel, tolls & hotel costs it takes a lot of $10 & $20 parts sales to break even. It's great to see everyone of course and usually we meet somewhere for dinner on Friday night. I'm still on the fence about going at all. confused24.gif
914forme
I might be there, but not sure yet. confused24.gif I tend to drag back more than I brought of drooley.gif parts.
Unobtanium-inc
The Unobtanium Crew will be there, usually on the C row.
rothaus
I will be there as well this year.

Please stop by and say hello.

IPB Image

Cheers
Engelbert
Cornerlot
I'm registered to sell parts for the first time (mostly 911), and will bring the 914-6 for display in the parking area. From what I understand parking passes are purchased onsite (unless a group buy is done).

What's the best hotel to stay at? Stayed at the 'host hotel' before but few others did.

Steve
mepstein
QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Jan 22 2020, 09:09 AM) *

I'm registered to sell parts for the first time (mostly 911), and will bring the 914-6 for display in the parking area. From what I understand parking passes are purchased onsite (unless a group buy is done).

What's the best hotel to stay at? Stayed at the 'host hotel' before but few others did.

Steve

You should get a parking pass included with your registered spot.
I just go online and stay at a comfort inn or similar.
ClayPerrine
Is someone bringing the horse head mask and the gas can?

Cornerlot
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 22 2020, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Jan 22 2020, 09:09 AM) *

Steve

You should get a parking pass included with your registered spot.
I just go online and stay at a comfort inn or similar.

Thanks. Need that parking spot for my truck and trailer, but parking in the "Porsche only" area will be additional cost for the 914. Stayed at the 'Quality Inn' for 2017, will check elsewhere.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 22 2020, 09:17 AM) *

I don't know that Zippy comes anymore now that he sold the white V8 car.

Zach
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jan 22 2020, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 22 2020, 09:17 AM) *

I don't know that Zippy comes anymore now that he sold the white V8 car.

Zach

I still want to know what was in the gas can.

TonyA
Had a swig out of that gas can two years ago in the parking lot at the swap meet because I was at another hotel. If I stayed at the same hotel I probably would not have made it to the meet.
rgolia
I had a swig a few years ago. Terrible, tasted like grape juice with moonshine. I hope the gasoline after taste was all in my head. barf.gif
rgolia
oh and definitely count me in for a parking spot.

@TonyA - we doing a caravan?
saigon71
I'll be happy to organize a dinner on Friday night if there is interest.
stevegm
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jan 22 2020, 12:46 PM) *

That sounds good. If you need any help let me know.
TonyA
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 22 2020, 12:37 PM) *

Sure
TonyA
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 22 2020, 12:37 PM) *

Maybe.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Jan 22 2020, 06:09 AM) *

Steve

The best deal is the Econo Lodge right in the middle of Hershey on Lucy St. normally about half the Comfort Inn on Mae St.
Currently at $112 per night.

https://www.choicehotels.com/pennsylvania/h...Date=2020-04-18
Freezin 914
Planning on making the trip again. Would love to meet up with as many 914 folks as possible. Hope there is a good turnout!
RickyTicky
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 26 2020, 09:51 PM) *

Planning on making the trip again. Would love to meet up with as many 914 folks as possible. Hope there is a good turnout!

I should be going again this year. Went for a few years in a row, got enough parts to rebuild my 74 2.0 and didn't go back until last year. Not as many 914 parts as there used to be but that could also come with time. May bring the car down, not sure but still hope to meet some of you.
mepstein
I've gone the last 8 years and had a great time but I just decided to skip this year. I've started riding my bike again and my friends convinced me to sign up for a 100K gravel race. The start is only 2 miles from my house and I know a lot of the trails so...
Unfortunately, the same day as Hershey.

Have fun and find good deals.
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 31 2020, 05:17 PM) *

I've gone the last 8 years and had a great time but I just decided to skip this year. I've started riding my bike again and my friends convinced me to sign up for a 100K gravel race. The start is only 2 miles from my house and I know a lot of the trails so...

What gravel race is it? I did a fair amount of riding last year, a lot of gravel.
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 31 2020, 06:01 PM) *

What gravel race is it? I did a fair amount of riding last year, a lot of gravel.

Gravel grape crusher at paradox vineyard in Landenberg PA
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 31 2020, 06:46 PM) *

Nice.
TonyA

I thought you were a roadie ?
mepstein
QUOTE(TonyA @ Jan 31 2020, 08:40 PM) *

I thought you were a roadie ?

Road, Mountain, Track, Cross and now Gravel. I'm just repurposing the cross bike with tubeless clinchers. It has cantilevers vs disk brakes but I'll make it work.
We are lucky to live 6 miles from Fair Hill MD. 6 thousand acre natural game preserve with about 120 miles of singletrack trails.
We used to do a big mt bike race near you in Mechanicsburg PA
VaccaRabite
I dragged my feet and BlueGreen is fully booked.
What hotel are people staying at this year at Hershey?

Zach
Big Len
Not going this year. Very much enjoyed hanging with you guys. Hope to see some at the Northeast Anniversary Gathering.
KevinW
What’s the latest on Hersey? I am contemplating on going this year.
Thanks
914dave

Bob
That sounds good. Lvnzdrm, Olympic 914 & I are arriving Friday night.
rgolia
QUOTE(914dave @ Mar 10 2020, 12:51 PM) *

Bob

Dave - Count me in. When you planning to head out. Caravan?
914dave
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 10 2020, 06:02 PM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Mar 10 2020, 12:51 PM) *

Bob

Dave - Count me in. When you planning to head out. Caravan?

Friday morning to meet Jon & Tom. Lunch then a drive maybe before dinner. I’ll know when we get closer. You’re in!
VaccaRabite
Are folks staying in any one particular hotel?
zach
914dave
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 11 2020, 07:49 AM) *

Are folks staying in any one particular hotel?
zach

Three of us , maybe a fourth are at the Best Western Harrisburg/ Hershey. Don’t know about anyone else.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Jan 21 2020, 09:39 PM) *

I usually pack up the truck & trailer and drag it half way across the USA (Chicago area to Hershey) every year. This year I am thinking of maybe just bringing what I can in the truck only. The with fuel, tolls & hotel costs it takes a lot of $10 & $20 parts sales to break even. It's great to see everyone of course and usually we meet somewhere for dinner on Friday night. I'm still on the fence about going at all. confused24.gif

What if someone paid for your gas, would you take a trailer? poke.gif
Stuckon914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 12 2020, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Jan 21 2020, 09:39 PM) *

What if someone paid for your gas, would you take a trailer? poke.gif

Looks like it’s gas, tolls, parking, and coffee?
gms
staying at Hilton Garden Inn
mepstein
Many events in eastern PA are getting cancelled....
Olympic 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 12 2020, 05:22 PM) *

Yes the PA governor recommends cancelling all events with over 250 people. Don't know when he will make this suggestion a requirement, and then maybe a LAW...

mepstein
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 12 2020, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 12 2020, 05:22 PM) *

Yes the PA governor recommends cancelling all events with over 250 people. Don't know when he will make this suggestion a requirement, and then maybe a LAW...

I just read that Disney world is closing on the 16th. I have a feeling Hershey will announce by Monday the park will not open until further notice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.