Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Had an offer for my Six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
I got this letter today from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District offering to buy my Six.....I wonder if negotiating with them would be beneficial?

Click to view attachment
bretth
You may have to take the offer before they make it illegal to own it anymore. stromberg.gif
Mark Henry
Tell you'll consider it if they add a couple more zeros. biggrin.gif
billh1963
I'll give you $1,001

Because, I'm generous like that biggrin.gif
Steve
It’s already smoggy in so cal. I will give you a $1,000 for it and save you the trouble. Lol
sixnotfour
hell $2020.....
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 21 2020, 02:22 PM) *

hell $2020.....

No Jeff...it's worth at least twice that. $4,040

I will throw in some leather goodies av-943.gif

Oscar
Cairo94507
I appreciate the generous offers. If the State would have offered me a 246 Dino GTS in exchange I might have considered it. Short of that, not. beerchug.gif
gms
av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif
injunmort
take a shit in the front seat and I will give you $15k, you ship to ny. deal?

DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 21 2020, 03:44 PM) *

I appreciate the generous offers. If the State would have offered me a 246 Dino GTS in exchange I might have considered it. Short of that, not. beerchug.gif

The guy with the 246 Dino probably got the same letter. rolleyes.gif

It is probably a good idea for a percentage of the folks that receive that letter. $1,000 is far more than they would get anyplace else.
Superhawk996
Better take it before they confiscate it or make you an offer you can’t otherwise refuse.

sad.gif

sixnotfour
convert to Battery power...
Michael N
Michael, it has to be in “running” condition to qualify. biggrin.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif Hell, even the State of California has been following your built thread and is will to pay to see it complete.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 21 2020, 02:06 PM) *

I got this letter today from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District offering to buy my Six.....I wonder if negotiating with them would be beneficial?

Click to view attachment

OMG...those Sacto politicians are so disconnected (well except for Willie Brown, a Porsche driving.gif guy) from car culture . Remember the last Pres with Cash for Clunkers ? biggrin.gif I actually tried to turn in my late Dad's 1981 Caddy with 30k miles on it...the Feds turned us down !! Turns out it sold for top dollar on Auto Trader.
One of these days I'll just build a home with a track going around it...you're all invited to run your teeners (pipe dream) aktion035.gif
Chris914n6
Any car that drives and runs well enough to pass smog is worth more than $1000 all day long. What are they smoking?

When this shuts down someone request a performance review.
JmuRiz
So they think a car that's not running yet wacko.gif is polluting more than people crapping in the streets....gotta love SF wacko.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup crazy california!

Too bad my 145 914 wrecks are not out there! at 1000 each it adds up!

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 21 2020, 03:06 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 21 2020, 07:35 PM) *

Any car that drives and runs well enough to pass smog is worth more than $1000 all day long. What are they smoking?

When this shuts down someone request a performance review.

The Guv should actually hire on another Califirnia committee to do just That and locate their new office in a caboose of his Cali Crazy Train ; it's stationary as you know / -o- emissions blink.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 22 2020, 11:25 AM) *

So they think a car that's not running yet wacko.gif is polluting more than people crapping in the streets....gotta love SF wacko.gif

Guys - can we please keep this forum politics free.

Not helpful to make assumptions and erroneous assertions.
Johny Blackstain
I must have the mind of a criminal; I put myself in the shoes of the guy who's supposed to destroy the car after the ridiculous buyback & I can't see myself pushing the button. I can see myself going to elaborate extremes to save any keeper, such as a 914-6, and stashing it someplace & lying & saying it's now toast idea.gif happy11.gif lol-2.gif shades.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 22 2020, 09:28 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 22 2020, 11:25 AM) *

Guys - can we please keep this forum politics free.

Not helpful to make assumptions and erroneous assertions.

Hi Thomas ...hope to see you this week over in Glendale (parts pick-up) ; don't take the L.A. River bike path...NOT kidding
stromberg.gif I had to Dodge these on my weekend ride
ClayPerrine
Sorry guys.

I think this is getting just a bit too political.

post-2-1137106233.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.