Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spotted in the wild - Seattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
A friend just sent this to me. Taken in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle last Friday. Anyone here?

Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
Not me and it got a broken trunk hinge
halmil
Gotta luv the old bug parked in front of it!
ValcoOscar
Woman-owned???? idea.gif

Read what's on the rear window!!!!

Oscar
rhodyguy
Bet it lives outside. In Washington this time of year? Trunk is prob full of water and interior full of towels. Looking at the pict again, I think the pass side window might be open. Standard Anti-fog procedure.
914werke
I dont recall ever running across it.
Mark Henry
Sir Andy has a better teen. biggrin.gif
andy914.jpg
SirAndy
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 22 2020, 12:37 PM) *

who's the punk bee-otch?

wub.gif
1adam12
Hahaha.... Saw this posted on Instagram this week.
horizontally-opposed
Back in my days in a college physical plant, I once routered out one of those "wood" desk name plaques for a guy in my dorm that had his named with P.A.B. under it—this probably after doing one for some admin or exec in the main offices. You can guess what the "A" stood for given the back window of this 914. He loved it.

I love this rear window, and bet the car's owner is probably well worth meeting. This is almost as good as the "I drive this tiny car to compensate…" 914 sticker from years ago.
mountainroads
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 22 2020, 12:37 PM) *

A friend just sent this to me. Taken in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle last Friday. Anyone here?

That's pretty cool. Sorry, not known or previously seen. There used to be a couple of (orange) 914s that could occasionally sighted on the road in West Seattle. One owner used to go to the same gym as I and I know where he lived. Chatted with him a couple of times. Haven't seen him or his car in a while. Suspect he moved. Other one along Beach Drive. Also been a while since last seen.

- MR
Jett
smile.gif I often drive a 73 Phoenix red (orange) 1.7 to work in SLU. Most people have no idea what it is smile.gif
Root_Werks
That 914 has been in Ballard for 10+ years. A guy drives it. The 914's been in better shape, been bumped into a few times and fixed that I can remember. Never met the guy, but seen him driving it around when we lived in Fremont years back.
Root_Werks
Was in Seattle over the weekend and noted "Punk Bitch" sitting atop a container. Believe the days of this 914 driving around the Seattle/Ballard roads are done:

Root_Werks
Looks like it was hit pretty hard. Fixable for sure, but being a 1975 1.8 that's spent most of it's life outside, probably better as a parts car.

sad.gif

SirAndy
sad.gif
914werke
Ya I know the owner of shop that it was sent to post her (daughter, father still owns a OG /6) collision.
He called me just to look it over.
Ins. right off.
I wondered what happened to it.
bbrock
sad.gif I'd want to believe that Punk Bitch will ride again.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 25 2022, 11:49 AM) *

It won't, I couldn't get high enough to get a shot of the RF corner damage. Pretty bad.

Be one thing if it was a low mile garage queen, but it's spent it's life outside, being driven and surly has lots of rust.

Anyone else in the area maybe can get better pics? It's about 2 blocks East of the now closed Hales Ales Brewery between Ballard and Fremont.
KELTY360

There used to be a couple of (orange) 914s that could occasionally sighted on the road in West Seattle.

Those cars were ther for years. Drove past them many times but didn't stop in.. Was told the owner was very protective of his rust buckets.
wonkipop
another L jet finally bites the dust (assuming it wasn't carb - en - ized during its life).

sad.gif

bbrock
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 25 2022, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 25 2022, 11:49 AM) *

It won't, I couldn't get high enough to get a shot of the RF corner damage. Pretty bad.

Be one thing if it was a low mile garage queen, but it's spent it's life outside, being driven and surly has lots of rust.

Anyone else in the area maybe can get better pics? It's about 2 blocks East of the now closed Hales Ales Brewery between Ballard and Fremont.

Yeah, even in your pic you can see the buckle in the frunk lid is pretty massive. The fender must be pushed in more than a foot to raise that tsunami. Shame. RIP Punk Bitch. A cool name for a cool car.
jim_hoyland
Is it in the VIN Database ?
horizontally-opposed
Bummer to see Punk Bitch bite the dust. Pretty nice looking car, too...
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 25 2022, 09:59 PM) *

Yeah, even in your pic you can see the buckle in the frunk lid is pretty massive. The fender must be pushed in more than a foot to raise that tsunami. Shame. RIP Punk Bitch. A cool name for a cool car.

Don't fret. It's just in storage. Fixable by someone with time, talent, and a real frame bench.

Just a matter of economics. Not going to happen in today's market. Maybe it'll make sense someday? smile.gif
914werke
Well, turns out sooner than later. smile.gif
While attending the (semi) annual Walker Porsche swap meet, this yr. held at the upscale car storage space in downtown Seattle THE SHOP, I spoke at some length with John (the meets host) who had called me earlier that week seeking some sheet metal to repair a late car.
Turns out its the "Punk Bitch" itself.
Looks like John, well known in the PNW service & repair circle to refuse to touch a 914, now owns the Punk Bitch and is jacked to repair & drive the 914 ....
Its a crazy world.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 9 2022, 01:39 PM) *

While attending the (semi) annual Walker Porsche swap meet, this yr. held at the upscale car storage space in downtown Seattle THE SHOP, I spoke at some length with John (the meets host) who had called me earlier that week seeking some sheet metal to repair a late car.
Looks like John, well known in the PNW service & repair circle to refuse to touch a 914, now owns the Punk Bitch and is jacked to repair & drive the 914 ....
Its a crazy world.

piratenanner.gif Yea! Long live the "Punk Bitch"
wonkipop
punk bitch was for real.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Those last pics are before shots.....like four years before.
Punk Bitches right front hit has managed to upset the drivers door.
For the right shop not a big deal. For mere mortals ? step away.
Big rust ? makes no sense.
wonkipop
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 9 2022, 06:20 PM) *

Those last pics are before shots.....like four years before.
Punk Bitches right front hit has managed to upset the drivers door.
For the right shop not a big deal. For mere mortals ? step away.
Big rust ? makes no sense.

was talking about punk bitch herself.
theres a few on twitter. but only one @914punkbitch.
3 tweets in total. all aug 7 2016. accounts still there.
then lost interest in the car?

others posted to the hashtag with sightings of punk bitch the car.

Jett
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 9 2022, 10:39 AM) *

Its a crazy world.

Lol that is craziness!
moldygreg
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 9 2022, 10:39 AM) *

Its a crazy world.

That is a wild story Rich!
bbrock
To paraphrase Sam Eliot in the Big Lebowski, " I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that, knowin' she's out there. The Punk Bitch. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners."
Root_Werks
The 914 had a bit of a following for a number of years. We lived in the Fremont/Ballard area roughly from 2011-2016 or so. Never met the owner, it was always driving around or parked on Leary. That was a time I didn't have a 914 so it always caught my eye.

Pretty neat that Walker picked it up and wants to fix it. He used to flip me crap about wasting his 911 "core" engines on 914-6 builds. Nice to hear he has an interest in a 914.

Best of luck on the repairs, would be very cool to see the 914 survive!

welder.gif smash.gif driving.gif
gord
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Aug 9 2022, 06:59 PM) *

914punkbitch has an active account on Instagram. Last post was 3 days ago when the car left on a flatbed:
https://instagram.com/914punkbitch?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Incidentally, there’s a great 914 community on IG.

Gord
jhynesrockmtn
That's awesome. I remember very well John telling me back in roughly 2005 while he was working on my old SC coupe that he wouldn't touch a 914. He had worked on too many of them over the years and of course didn't need to. I'll bet he converts it to a six. He must have all of the parts many times over sitting around.
bbrock
All you local folk need to make sure the sticker stays on the back window. The car just won't be the same without it.
wonkipop
QUOTE(gord @ Aug 11 2022, 03:44 AM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Aug 9 2022, 06:59 PM) *

914punkbitch has an active account on Instagram. Last post was 3 days ago when the car left on a flatbed:
https://instagram.com/914punkbitch?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Incidentally, there’s a great 914 community on IG.

Gord

smile.gif

matching forklift.
914werke
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 11 2022, 10:54 AM) *
All you local folk need to make sure the sticker stays on the back window. The car just won't be the same without it.
Too Late confused24.gif he stopped by to pu a hood & told me he already removed the moniker.
Superhawk996
sad.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 14 2022, 04:10 PM) *

Too Late confused24.gif he stopped by to pu a hood & told me he already removed the moniker.

hissyfit.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 14 2022, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 14 2022, 04:10 PM) *

hissyfit.gif

Not too late. Tell him that we'll forgive him as long as he goes and gets a new one custom made before the car goes on the road. laugh.gif
914werke
If you knew John, Im sure he'd be the first to tell you that he wouldn't loose any sleep
worrying about receiving our forgiveness happy11.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 15 2022, 09:25 AM) *

If you knew John, Im sure he'd be the first to tell you that he wouldn't loose any sleep

biggrin.gif

yes, i think there are bigger things to worry about on that car.

i'm guessing he is gonna warm up the engine department?

tell him not to throw the L jet stuff away if its still on the car and he is not using it.

hopefully he gets it back on the road again and another 914 lives.
beerchug.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Aug 15 2022, 11:57 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Disagree. There are lots of 914s out there, but only one Punk Bitch. Battered and bruised, but still making strangers smile. Like Roy Orbison without the shades, it's just another car now. In these troubled times, the world needs its Punk Bitch.

Thanks for the laughs my friend.
SirAndy
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 16 2022, 06:27 AM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Aug 15 2022, 11:57 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Disagree. There are lots of 914s out there, but only one Punk Bitch. Battered and bruised, but still making strangers smile. Like Roy Orbison without the shades, it's just another car now. In these troubled times, the world needs its Punk Bitch.

Thanks for the laughs my friend.

agree.gif aktion035.gif cheer.gif
Root_Werks
I don't see Walker posting updates here. Maybe some of the folks that might get to view the 914 can post a picture or two for us over time?

The moniker may never return, but would be nice to know a 914 was saved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.