Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magnus Walker on the Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

You may already know this, but Magnus is addicted to these cars as well. Have a look at this video I shot at the last WCR. Thanks again to Jeffrey and Oscar!

Another newbie video next week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txkEw_E5yRU

wes
Excellent thank you.
ValcoOscar
Excellent going Ian. beerchug.gif

Keep the videos coming. beer3.gif

Oscar
jmitro
beerchug.gif

he has haterz and he has fanboys. personally I've come to like the guy. Seems to be a real Porsche guy and doesn't come across as a 911 snob
shane
Cool thank you beerchug.gif
Chi-town
I want nothing to do with the man after he makes the statement "I use the whole road" about crossing the double yellows on Angeles Crest highway.

If he wants to be a douchebag and put people's lives at risk he can go @#$& himself and doesn't deserve any respect from any of the automotive world.
Steve
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 23 2020, 06:22 PM) *

beerchug.gif

he has haterz and he has fanboys. personally I've come to like the guy. Seems to be a real Porsche guy and doesn't come across as a 911 snob

agree.gif
His comment is these cars are meant to be driven. He's not a concourse weenie!! Always love seeing him at Cars & Coffee. He is very approachable and has a genuine love for the cars.

Thanks again for posting the video. I saw him at that event, but didn't get a chance to talk to him.
914werke
"As long as it has a Porsche badge on it" ...well that leaves us out.
BuddyV
Magnus can talk..... even without advanced warning!

Great video!

beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Great video!

popcorn[1].gif
abes914
Great video. Thanks for making it and sharing! beerchug.gif
Uniquecoaches
Great video and a great guy. I met him at SEMA when I was working at the House of Kolors booth.
iankarr
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 23 2020, 09:59 PM) *

"As long as it has a Porsche badge on it" ...well that leaves us out.

Ha. Yep. I thought the same thing.

Glad you guys are enjoying...
aggiezig
Nice Vid, Ian. Love watching your channel
oldschool
Good stuff my man!
dax1969
Thks for the vid Ian.

Magnus is kinda cool but never forget... he is a commercial guy ! If he indeed is a 914 guy then why did it take so long to buy one. Think he is into 914's now because there is a lot of exposure about these cars. Anyway, let him do the talking, our cars will go up in value. biggrin.gif He made it...he makes money just by playing around with P cars.... how cool is that

914werke
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jan 23 2020, 11:40 PM) *
..he makes money just by playing around with P cars.... how cool is that

I thought he made his money Bedazzeling clothes you could buy at the Goodwill confused24.gif
dax1969
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 24 2020, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jan 23 2020, 11:40 PM) *
..he makes money just by playing around with P cars.... how cool is that

I thought he made his money Bedazzeling clothes you could buy at the Goodwill confused24.gif

https://www.total911.com/magnus-walker-book...en-sie-porsche/

He even "tours" in Europe... don't think he does this for free biggrin.gif

Anyway, if he can, why not biggrin.gif
JOEPROPER
beerchug.gif Great job!
ValcoOscar
He gets around. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

He was at a PCA event in Puerto Rico less than a month ago.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Jan 24 2020, 02:40 AM) *

Thks for the vid Ian.

Magnus is kinda cool but never forget... he is a commercial guy ! If he indeed is a 914 guy then why did it take so long to buy one. Think he is into 914's now because there is a lot of exposure about these cars. Anyway, let him do the talking, our cars will go up in value. biggrin.gif He made it...he makes money just by playing around with P cars.... how cool is that

I always like Porsche and 914's but I didn't have one till 2001 and wouldn't have one if it wasn't for the wife buying/telling me to buy my 914. I was a VW bug guy and I still have a 1967 bug and bus. My 914 came to my shop to get it running after sitting in storage for 15+ years for the the purpose of selling it. It was a survivor but I didn't have much interest in it, we had two babies, hardly a practical car. I had it at a buddies place to swap out FI parts to see what was wrong (injectors), I let the wife drive it home and she was gone like 90. By the time I got home the wife was on the phone to insurance asking for rates. If it had been a 911 that's what I would be into.

He was a British grunge drifter who came to the US in '86 and bought his first 911 in '92 when he was making enough money to buy one. He's a Porsche guy, said he always wanted one, who likes all flavors, but his #1 is the early 911 and he doesn't care if it's original, that makes him OK in my book.

Sure he's gone commercial, classic case of a hobby/passion/obsession that turned into a biz, in his position I would have gone for it. In fact, though on a smaller scale mostly due to lack of storage, I did. I can't fault him for this.
mepstein
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jan 23 2020, 09:49 PM) *

I want nothing to do with the man after he makes the statement "I use the whole road" about crossing the double yellows on Angeles Crest highway.

If he wants to be a douchebag and put people's lives at risk he can go @#$& himself and doesn't deserve any respect from any of the automotive world.

He was the guy in the black turbo who passed the whole line of our 914’s, driving into incoming traffic, on the way to the ranch. Anybody else and he’d just be called “that asshole driver” . confused24.gif
iankarr
You’re right Oscar. He was at a tiny cars and coffee in suburban NY two weeks ago smile.gif
tygaboy
Magnus Walker: Polarizing car folk since... well, forever, I suppose!

Another example of "the cult of celebrity".
Chi-town
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 24 2020, 06:12 AM) *

He was the guy in the black turbo who passed the whole line of our 914’s, driving into incoming traffic, on the way to the ranch. Anybody else and he’d just be called “that asshole driver” . confused24.gif

Exactly! He piled his beloved 911 into the back of an auto transport driving like an arse with a reporter in passenger seat on TV and nobody blinked.

The dude is gonna hurt/kill somebody one of these days and then we'll see how far his fame goes.
rhodyguy
The plowing into the trailer was a thing of beauty. GREAT video.
johnhora
Nice interview Ian...
FourBlades

Magnus Walker aside, I love your YouTube channel!

John
brcacti
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 24 2020, 07:12 AM) *

Driving like that is NOT COOL. Interesting to see the 914s in the video.
Larmo63
He's a cool guy. He's a Porsche guy. If I had the time, space, and money, I'd have a curated Porsche collection too.

We all make mistakes driving, his are amplified because of his celebrity.

He was at Lazy Afternoon Gathering two weeks ago as we drove up, admiring SoCalAndy's 914-6. He asked Andy a few questions about his oil cooler as I recall.

I don't get the hate. He's human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDQrMoksJ4Q
pete000
Not a fan. I waited in line for two hours with about 150 people to purchase one of his Hotwheels that he had promised at his store only to find out he only had 20 available and he wasn't even there. It was a stunt to get people in his store to buy stickers and T-Shirts. Boooo

pete000
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 24 2020, 07:25 AM) *

The plowing into the trailer was a thing of beauty. GREAT video.

Agree, my buddy had him as a driving instructor many many years ago and was far from impressed.

driving.gif
abes914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Jan 24 2020, 08:17 AM) *

Magnus Walker aside, I love your YouTube channel!

John

agree.gif

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

loving the channel as well!

914sgofast2
I can't express an opinion about Mr. Walker's driving.
However, a couple of years ago my son and I were at the Werke's Reunion in Carmel and he took the time to chat with my son for quite a while about cars of all types and my son's desire to become an automotive journalist. For someone famous in the "Porsche World," he seems decent enough to me and better than most. He was not a snob like so many of the other car guys we came across during Monterey Car Week seemed to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.