Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 GT with 6.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
ric birks
Not mine. Check it out.
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/d/sandy...7061508394.html
mepstein
Looks like a good deal if it's not a scam.
theer
looks scammy... clicking on contact info returns "error"
mepstein
The engine is where they really lose me.

“I have a 2.7 L Rsr Spec carbureted PMO Weber’s w/ five speed transmission fir an additional 7500 “
Bruce Hinds
"engine and chassis are out of the car" ?????????????
gereed75
Maybe legit but be very wary. Craigslist is rift with scams.
billh1963
Probably legit. But, I bet it needs a LOT of sorting
a9146luvr
QUOTE(ric birks @ Jan 24 2020, 10:26 AM) *

ric birks, are you familiar with this one? is it as nice as yours that left the west coast? bootyshake.gif
JRust
I got a reply from him. Flares are glass
Gearup
JRust. First question I asked as well. No GT side skirts either. Paint looks good in the picture but owner says paint over 20 years old. No rust. Without and engine or trans I think that’s a bit steep.
flat4guy
I read it as it comes with engine and trans as they are "currently" out of car. I wonder if it ever ran under the 6 power plant.
Gearup
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Jan 26 2020, 08:41 PM) *

I read it as it comes with engine and trans as they are "currently" out of car. I wonder if it ever ran under the 6 power plant.

Maybe another engine comes with it but I believe the 2.7 is smooth 7-8 k.
eric9144
I talked to him on Saturday--legit ad, here's the scoop. Glass flares, had a funky fiberglass body kit that was removed and put back to GT look, has 2.8 with PMO carbs that ran (might still run well that's TBD) but pulled a stud. That's why the engine was out, the stud, which isn't repaired. He has other projects going on and doesn't have time/wants the money from this project.

Sounds promising, but more work than I wanted to deal with at the moment. Could still be a good deal for someone. Seller was a nice guy, said that @Eric_Shea might know of the car and possibly had in the shop at some time, Perhaps E could chime in on this one.
a9146luvr
NOW WITH AN UPDATED AD, more accurate description so the price went up! biggrin.gif
ric birks
Add has been updated and its now available without the drive train for $10.5K
porschetub
IMO its a rot box,description is excellent condition WTF.gif and it has rot in the jack points which I suspect would go further into the longs,f/glass flares are a issue if not bonded to the body correctly.
Its not big money but buyer beware on this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.