Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber Master Cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DucRS
Hello guys
I just installed the new 914Rubber Brake Master Cylinder and once installed I found only ONE electrical connection on the Master but my 1973 2.0 has TWO wires that connect to the old Master. Both wires are brown except one has a white streak. What’s your advice?
TIA!
Click to view attachment
lierofox
I believe for the single terminal switches, the wire to plug in is the "Brown with White stripe" wire.
jcd914
QUOTE(lierofox @ Jan 24 2020, 01:01 PM) *

I believe for the single terminal switches, the wire to plug in is the "Brown with White stripe" wire.

agree.gif

The other wire is a ground wire and the new switch with a single connector grounds through the switch body to the master cylinder body.

A while back there was someone selling NOS brake warning switches in the classified section.

Jim
Mark Henry
Didn't notice this on the 914 rubber MC I got for a spare, but mine also has one connection. Likely you can just ground the brown wire or if your original switch is good just swap them.
lierofox
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 24 2020, 01:05 PM) *

Didn't notice this on the 914 rubber MC I got for a spare, but mine also has one connection. Likely you can just ground the brown wire or if your original switch is good just swap them.

I'd say tape it off and stow it. Shouldn't need the brown wire with the new switch, but, doesn't hurt to leave it there, just unplugged.
DucRS
OK, gonna connect the Brown/White stripe wire and disregard the solid Brown for now. I tossed the old Master so can’t use the old one.. SMH.
Thanks guys
DucRS
Oh, side note. This is the last of my “to do list” before I attempt to fire her up after 28 years... todayI will crank her over for the first time.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(DucRS @ Jan 24 2020, 04:17 PM) *

Oh, side note. This is the last of my “to do list” before I attempt to fire her up after 28 years... todayI will crank her over for the first time.

cheer.gif
Mikey914
Thanks for responding guys,
Yes the only ones we could get without making new ones were the 2pole version. So no you don't need the ground side.

Do bleed the brakes thoroughly, this may require a few attempts as this system is hard to get the bubbles out.
roblav1
I just did this today and swapped out the switches. Old switch went in new MC.
StarBear
Crossing fingers for your successful fire up. Long time.... aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.