Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
terencegb
I’ve a 2ltr 914 with D jetronic, built at the end on ‘75 and supplied new in Ca. Now in Ireland with me, the previous UK owner removed all the Ca statutory emissions equipment. Apart from that its totally original and lovely in 1st paint. It’s done 5000 miles in our hands all around Europe but has sat unused for a while, it has now developed a strange problem: on a 100 mile motorway run it started an engine stutter at speed and later stopped dead, fortunately at its destination with the (non mechanic) driver. It restarted for me when I went to trailer it some days later. Cleaned all battery terminals, checked all engine bay pipework and electrical connections. Running fine BUT, the cat and egr warning lights have now come on - like a voice from the grave as it doesn’t have this equipment! Cant locate a decent wiring diagram, my local Porsche (supposedly ‘classic’) dealer didn't know what a 914 was and the Haynes manual diagram for ‘75 is almost unreadable, it doesn’t show these warning lights in its index anyhow. I’m aware that D equipped cars have some early diagnostics although being old school, I have no skills for that sort of thing. Would a low voltage or poor earth have triggered this? Also, can anyone help me find the loom earthing points for this late model? Thanks all
KevinW
If you go to this link there is a wealth of information
bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm
I have a 75 wiring diagram, if you share your e-mail address I will e-mail you some pictures.
Good luck, Kevin
malcolm2
https://colorwiringdiagrams.com/products/po...-fuel-injection

Prospero's garage has awesome diagrams. I have one for my 75 L-Jet and my 72 VW bus.

ejm
The egr and cat light are triggered by mileage counter box hidden in the passenger footwell. Press the button to reset the lights. This has nothing to do with the running problem.

Aside from what you've already checked I would look closely at the points and fuel filter, including the screen in the tank, before considering a fuel injection problem.
cary
Grounds under intake plenum ?
terencegb
QUOTE(KevinW @ Jan 26 2020, 07:58 AM) *

If you go to this link there is a wealth of information
bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm
I have a 75 wiring diagram, if you share your e-mail address I will e-mail you some pictures.
Good luck, Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I’d appreciate that: terencegbradley@gmail.com
SirAndy
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 26 2020, 07:29 AM) *
The egr and cat light are triggered by mileage counter box hidden in the passenger footwell. Press the button to reset the lights. This has nothing to do with the running problem.

agree.gif
JeffBowlsby
A late 1975 build is technically a 1976 model year 914. The 1975 diagrams are correct for that car.
malcolm2
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 26 2020, 09:59 AM) *

Grounds under intake plenum ?

my L-jet has a copper 3 prong connector on one of the case bolts on top of the engine..... What he said.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jan 27 2020, 08:44 AM) *

Excellent. I need to bookmark this. Not sure why Pelican ever took this down. I have Prospero's printouts, but I think these are more accurate.
Drex
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 27 2020, 09:03 AM) *

Excellent. I need to bookmark this. Not sure why Pelican ever took this down. I have Prospero's printouts, but I think these are more accurate.

is there a way to download these diagrams?

drex
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(Drex @ Jun 4 2023, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 27 2020, 09:03 AM) *

is there a way to download these diagrams?

drex

I was able to drag them to my desktop and save them there. I'm on a Mac.

If you're on a PC and unable to drag them to your desktop, try right clicking and saving where you want to DL them to.
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jan 27 2020, 07:44 AM) *

Sweet. Thank you for sharing this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.