Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CoronaMike
Hi all - so you may remember a video I posted back in November of my car making a loud ticking/clacking sound. Well, The 914 Wizard of Riverside ( @bdstone914 ) came to the rescue to help me get to the bottom of things...or to the middle of things as it were. The decision was made to drop the engine and find out what was going on.

Once we got it out and looked inside - it appeared that the number 2 cylinder had gotten some small piece of metal debris of some sort in there and it made juuust enough trouble to make all that noise. but since we didn't open the whole case - we decided to bring it in to a local shop to have a more thorough diagnosis. The next decision was made to go ahead with the rebuild.

Well, with the holidays and all it took a little longer on the rebuild than expected - but now it's back and the 'put-everything-back-together' phase has started.

I can't thank @bdstone914 enough for all his help and expertise. Here are some pictures from when it came out up until yesterday when we started getting it ready to go back in. He'll be back today to do more so stay tuned for more pictures!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=727
627] Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Great!

Thanks for the update.
malcolm2
So where did the metal come from? Valve seat?
StarBear
Yea!!! Lookin' great. Onward!
Al Meredith
Bruce , like many others, on this site are always willing to help.
bdstone914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jan 26 2020, 01:31 PM) *

So where did the metal come from? Valve seat?

Never found the source. All seats intact
CoronaMike
Progress update.

Let's see - now we've added: The fan shroud/fan, the front tin, alternator, injectors, fuel rails, coil, various sensors and valves and started getting the fuel injection wire harness cleaned up and ready to plug in.

next up - getting the FI harness squared away and plugged in - the ignition harness and vacuum hoses and distributer, plugs and wires.

TargaToy
Beautiful motor!

Are your intake runners powder coated now? Love the subtle gold.
CoronaMike
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jan 28 2020, 07:55 PM) *

Beautiful motor!

Are your intake runners powder coated now? Love the subtle gold.

Thanks - we had them zinc plated. smile.gif
Coondog
Bruce is the 914 Wizard for sure.....Congrats
falcor75
Nice looking engine !
CoronaMike
Just about ready to hook up to the transmission and put'r back in!

beer.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.