Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars for sale in classifieds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I always drop in the classified section every so often and I’ve been noticing lately the selection have seriously decreased. UseD to be mainly members cars. A few outside ones some one will post up.

Lately most of the cars are sold and threads just bumping around. I’d say maybe 6 cars in there for sale.
Wow, I knew this was coming but I guess we will see in spring.
Beebo Kanelle
Agreed.
poorsche914
I have noticed a shortage of listings in the regional Craigslist ads as well.

driving.gif
Andyrew
Definitely a sellers market with the lack of cars for sale recently. I've noticed it dropping for a good 6 months now. Original cars seem to sell the best and fastest.
brcacti
ebay always has some
914Sixer
Only 2 cars on Craigslist for all of Texas. Both in Kyle (Austin).
StratPlayer
16 cars listed on ebay now
Cornerlot
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 27 2020, 12:58 PM) *

driving.gif

Perhaps now that Craigslist automotive FS ads are no longer free ($5 each) it has discouraged casual sellers.
mepstein
QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Jan 27 2020, 02:08 PM) *

driving.gif

Perhaps now that Craigslist automotive FS ads are no longer free ($5 each) it has discouraged casual sellers.

And hopefully less scammers
Tdskip
Reflects rising prices I think, people are holding on to them and people are working harder to pick the up outside of open market sales.
914_teener
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 27 2020, 12:04 PM) *

Reflects rising prices I think, people are holding on to them and people are working harder to pick the up outside of open market sales.

I'd agree. The 914, especially a nice stock example has passed from enthusiast status to collector status now that an air cooled longhood is out of reach.....IMHO....sadly.

I'm an enthusiast.
jagalyn
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 27 2020, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 27 2020, 12:04 PM) *

I'd agree. The 914, especially a nice stock example has passed from enthusiast status to collector status now that an air cooled longhood is out of reach.....IMHO....sadly.

So true.
Unobtanium-inc
We, and most dealers, don't sell cars in the winter. Starting around Thanksgiving and until early Spring, March/April we've found people aren't looking for cars. If you sell during this period you are normally wholesaling to other dealers, only to see your car pop up in the Spring for retail.
The market for all air-cooled Porsches has also cooled in the last year so less cars are hitting the market, people are not as frenzied to sell now. I've actually been telling people if they don't need to sell their cars right now don't, you'll be taking a hit compared to 2-3 years ago. For some people that's ok, but others it really bothers them to take less than what one of their friends took in 2017.
Spring will tell us what kind of market we will have in 2020.
Winter however is a time for dealers to buy, I bought three cars last week and drove over 2200 miles!
Mark Henry
Same here in Canada.
dax1969
Some cars don't even make it to the ad section.... Bought mine from a member here who never advertised his car. This was the only way for me as time and distance is against me and the good cars with an acceptable price move fast.

I was lucky to find a member with time and patience (and wanting the car going to a good home). And as always, once the deal was done a car came up for sale locally (Bob's 1976 sunflower yellow car).... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif funny world

Dax
justme
Just getting back into the 914 world , but I seen alot of aircooled 911's go overseas in the last decade. That hasn't totally dried up the USmarket but it has effected it.
As others have noted that clean examples are staying with collectors and how values have gone up in the last decade it makes me believe a portion have left our shore's.
Smaller production numbers for the 914 don't help us over here when that happens.
jd74914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 27 2020, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Jan 27 2020, 02:08 PM) *

driving.gif

And hopefully less scammers

So that's why the scammers have switched to farm and heavy equipment. mad.gif It's killing my tractor search.
mrholland2
Beverly Hills Billy has a bunch popcorn[1].gif
Tdskip
Flow of cars to Europe is definitely a factor, as with other vintage Porsch models.
GregAmy
I'm noticing a lot of the "barn find" (read rusty POS) are starting to pop up for silly money, many without drivetrains.

Good luck, bro.
Mikey914
I do realize that the winter is generally not the time to sell, however, much less on the market compared to last year.
oldschool
I'm selling mine,Just need to take a bunch of pictures soon. blink.gif
A&P Mech
I going to be selling mine as well. I plan on using the funds to buy a Kitfox airplane if I can find one.
stevegm
I’m selling my silver car. Maybe. The wife says one needs to go.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 29 2020, 07:38 AM) *

So...you told her that you'd miss her? happy11.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 29 2020, 08:17 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 29 2020, 07:38 AM) *

So...you told her that you'd miss her? happy11.gif

w00t.gif av-943.gif

there have been similar conversations around here too that don't last too long if you know what i mean. but fair is fair - i spend $$ on the paint and body of my 914 acouple years ago, she and the girls went to france for 3 weeks....
VegasRacer
There are only two 914's listed in this months 'Pamorama'.
(Both of these ads have been running for a few months. )
RickS
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 29 2020, 04:38 AM) *

I heard that one for 5 years and she finally gave up. Out wait them, outwit them, outlast them and victory will be yours.

brcacti
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 27 2020, 11:33 AM) *

Only 2 cars on Craigslist for all of Texas. Both in Kyle (Austin).

It is very possible that I have the ONLY 914 in all of Casa Grande, AZ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.