Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mounting question license plate on front bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
Hello, not sure if this assembles fully on the outside of the front bumper or if a nut is needed on the inside of the front bumper?Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
should be plastic "nuts" mounted on the inside of the bumper - the picture you show is looking at the back of the mount - that writing faces the bumper.
brcacti
Hello, YES there are some kind of "nuts" built into the bumper so I am not sure if I screw directly into them or if most use nuts inside the bumper too. It appears you can do it either way but would love to hear from mechanics who have taken the bracket off or put the bracket on.
Jett
QUOTE(brcacti @ Jan 27 2020, 05:28 PM) *

Hello, YES there are some kind of "nuts" built into the bumper so I am not sure if I screw directly into them or if most use nuts inside the bumper too. It appears you can do it either way but would love to hear from mechanics who have taken the bracket off or put the bracket on.

screw directly into the nuts. I like to put a rubber washer between the two metal surfaces (bumper and license plate bracket).
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there are steel inserts that push right in. We have plenty on the shelf

QUOTE(brcacti @ Jan 27 2020, 05:46 PM) *

Hello, not sure if this assembles fully on the outside of the front bumper or if a nut is needed on the inside of the front bumper?Click to view attachment

brcacti
Thanks guys, yes the nuts are in the bumper already, the used plate bracket came with nuts on the bolts so that is why I asked this question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.