Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOOHOO! I got me a new job!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
As a few of you know, I have been living 3 out of every 8 weeks in Asia for the past 5 years. The business I manage (Light Emitting Diodes) LED's has been growing 50% year on year over that time. It represents 1/3 of my companies revenue.

My buddy and I did the Sales, Marketing, and Technical design support. He was living there and I was there 40%. After all the growth, the company still didn't want to add resouces, so I started looking.

My new job will be primarily North America Marketing and Business Development for a rival LED supplier of my current company. I'll still travel, but it's out on Monday, back by Friday once a month. No more giving up 2 to 3 weekends or midnite calls to Hong Kong or Taiwan.

I am extremely happy. It sure is a great July 4th!......

My new boss called me today. He said he didn't want to wait to next week to offer me the job.....I like this guy... beerchug.gif

I'm sure glad he called. I was scheduled to be on the road 5 out of the next 8 weeks.....but now I'm staying home!!!!!

Bill P.
skline
Congrats Bill, sounds like it worked out perfectly for you. Glad to hear things are going well for someone. smilie_pokal.gif
neo914-6
Congratulations Bill smilie_pokal.gif

Doris and your kids must be thrilled. clap.gif
Joe Bob
Cool stuff dude.....travel is fun....for a the first few times....staying at home is better.

BTW, I'm looking for some red LED lights to replace the 40 year old POS tail lights on my 356.....got anything that has a frame, backing and is flush mount? Something like 3-4 inches long, 1-1.5 inches tall?

Needs to be able to handle, brake, running light and blinker and have the ability to tweek the 356 anal retentive panties at the same time....no problem stacking two on top of each other...

Cash or vinyl graphic trade?
J P Stein
Yeah, good deal. Now maybe we won't have these big gaps in your posting laugh.gif

You can also take on a more hands on approach to your racecar build....maybe get it done before the snows come to CA. dry.gif
nine14cats
Hi Mike,

You're looking for something that will handle stop/tail/turn.

How much depth do we have room for?

Here's is a 3D array of LEDS that I worked on that goes into an Infinity G series sedan. I'll check what I have at my desk for sizes.

Bill P.

nine14cats
Hi JP,

Yep...hopefully no more gaps in postings for weeks...and if I play it right, I'll have most of July off to finish JLO. I'll be meeting with Jerry Woods next week to either continue the racecar or sell the thing off.

I'm happy to have the new job. After 5 years, I just couldn't handle the travel anymore.

Bill P.

P.S. I loved your AX vid. I forgot how much I miss the sound of a flat six!
Trekkor
Great news Bill.
Will you be able to stay where you are?
Or will you be moving?

Please don't sell the racecar. ohmy.gif

KT
Joe Bob
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jul 4 2005, 11:08 AM)
Hi Mike,

You're looking for something that will handle stop/tail/turn.

How much depth do we have room for?

Here's is a 3D array of LEDS that I worked on that goes into an Infinity G series sedan. I'll check what I have at my desk for sizes.

Bill P.

That looks cool, lot's of room....but like I said, I need the cover and frame...flush mount with a slight curve.
J P Stein
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jul 4 2005, 11:11 AM)
I'll be meeting with Jerry Woods next week to either continue the racecar or sell the thing off.

From the amount of money you have & will dump into that thing you could buy a Specracer Ford or something...prolly be a cool AX car also. biggrin.gif....something I figured out too late sad.gif
Jenny
Awesome news, Bill. And it sounds like your new boss is leaps and bounds better than your previous one. Congrats, and hope to see you and Doris more often!

Jen
Jeroen
poor Doris

j/k... way to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.