Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: license bracket picture installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
This used bracket for $20 from the Euro junkyard, they painted it, I bought # 10 screws to put it on tight, it came with the big rubber grommets. I will upload pics again when I get my custom plate on it. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914_7T3
Will be installing the front plate bracket and bumper on mine next week and don't recall any spacers on the set up. The rear bracket mounts flat and did not have spacers either when it was torn down. Can anyone chime in on that?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Yes there was a flat spacer under the bracket, but not as thick as shown. I think it was the same spacer used on the bumper top Not shown in the current PET, will check the old paper catalog. The thicker one shown is probably a better idea to keep the 4 screws from denting the bumper.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 30 2020, 08:16 AM) *

Yes there was a flat spacer under the bracket, but not as thick as shown. I think it was the same spacer used on the bumper top Not shown in the current PET, will check the old paper catalog. The thicker one shown is probably a better idea to keep the 4 screws from denting the bumper.

agree.gif fatter than stock but probably better to prevent the tip of the screws
from damaging the chrome.
I think the rubber washers were not original on 914's but were provided on all later
later 911's and in all dealer supplied license plate kits ?
914Sixer
Nothing shown in catalog, does not even show the mounting hardware or USA plate brackets. Hard to see divots in the chrome bumper but if you look really close you can see the two lower ones to the left and right of dark center. Also note discoloration of chrome from bracket.
FlacaProductions
My rear bracket has thin rubber "washers" (that's how thin they are) between the bracket and the bumper. Looked OEM/original to me given their "memory" Luckily, I don't have to run a front plate.
rgalla9146
OE hardware. Oddly, only mention of rubber washer was for the German bracket.
914_7T3
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 30 2020, 05:16 AM) *

Thanks Mark. Now I have a use for the bumper top spacers that I picked up that don't fit the bumper tops. Aka the most expensive plate frame spacer known to mankind

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.