Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World needs a new front page
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I'm a fan of Marty/MSDS as much as anyone but we need a new cover page for the site. If not COTM then just pic a shot of a nice looking 914 and post. Please.

@SirAndy
Rand
I never even see the front page, just use shortcuts to the forums you care about.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 29 2020, 04:22 PM) *

I'm a fan of Marty/MSDS as much as anyone but we need a new cover page for the site. If not COTM then just pic a shot of a nice looking 914 and post. Please.

@SirAndy

agree.gif
I also don't look at the front page much, but it's time to pass the torch.
Eric_Shea
I nominate Larry Phillips for COTM, that way the FB 914World cover can match this one. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
76-914
hide.gif
brcacti
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 29 2020, 02:22 PM) *

@SirAndy

agree.gif and what about much bigger avatar pictures so we can all have good sized pics of our cars for each post?
rhodyguy
How about just a DD? Nothing fancy. without a gazillion $ invested.
CHIZ 914
Same photo for way too many months now
agree.gif
stevegm
There’s a front page?
GermermanCarGuy
How about everybody submit a photo of their 914('s) under their personal profile (previewed by admin and flagged as "appropriate and in good taste" prior to being displayed).

Admin can then create a script to cycle through those photos and post as a cover page photo for a shorter time. This way, we all become vested in how this site turns out.

Is that do-able?
Chris914n6
My shortcut is to the forum page, but I'm sure noobies like seeing a nice main page.
jmitro
QUOTE(GermermanCarGuy @ Jan 29 2020, 05:31 PM) *

How about everybody submit a photo of their 914('s) under their personal profile (previewed by admin and flagged as "appropriate and in good taste" prior to being displayed).

Admin can then create a script to cycle through those photos and post as a cover page photo for a shorter time. This way, we all become vested in how this site turns out.

Is that do-able?

i think that's a great idea
Jett
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 29 2020, 04:30 PM) *

Is that do-able?

+1

Outside of the collection of photos, the script would take 30 minutes to create, test, and deploy. To reduce complexity the admin can define a photo size and pixel resolution to ensure the main page experience is consistent.

Let me know if I can help.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 29 2020, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 29 2020, 04:30 PM) *

Is that do-able?

+1

Outside of the collection of photos, the script would take 30 minutes to create, test, and deploy. To reduce complexity the admin can define a photo size and pixel resolution to ensure the main page experience is consistent.

Let me know if I can help.

+2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.