Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What door is this exactly?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
In an attempt to make a novice mechanic out of myself trying to learn all I can about this little car. What door is this?Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(brcacti @ Feb 1 2020, 08:54 AM) *

In an attempt to make a novice mechanic out of myself trying to learn all I can about this little car. What door is this?

I think to see the timing mark at the fan to use the timing light.
Tbrown4x4
Yes
davep
One fellow I knew some 40 years ago thought that was the oil fill; and yes, the expected consequences ensued. What a mess!
brcacti
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 2 2020, 05:22 PM) *

One fellow I knew some 40 years ago thought that was the oil fill; and yes, the expected consequences ensued. What a mess!

so I assume the oil would just go down to the ground if poured in there?
BeatNavy
Only after filling up the fan shroud first. And for a bonus, if you started the car the fan would sling oil like s*** hitting the...well, you know.
Front yard mechanic
The fan?
rgalla9146
Perfect !
Olympic 914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 2 2020, 08:54 PM) *

Only after filling up the fan shroud first. And for a bonus, if you started the car the fan would sling oil like s*** hitting the...well, you know.

And if he had HEs installed, it would push oil through them and onward to the passenger compartment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.