Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennshifter - Awesome engineering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Today i installed a rennshift i bought from Zois.

it freakin rocks! too cool. shifts like a new honda..... gated, nice self centering action. smooth....
love the fore / aft stops....

rock on guys. this product is topnotch in everyway.
ill make sure to tell people to pick one up....they are that good.

no more worries of nicking reverse....or missing a shift. 'flick' precision shifting.

wub.gif smilie_pokal.gif

thanks guys
AA
Trekkor
I guess I'll be needing one of them.

How much?

KT
Joe Bob
I bought it with a bunch of stuff that arrived late....in the interim I tried to order a new one....BOTH arrived in the same week.....doan need both....so put it in the classifieds....."I" put ALL my stuff in ONE ad....not like some weenies that place 15 ads for 15 parts....

PET PEEVE.......

Everyone had a fair shot..... cool_shades.gif
Joe Bob
Oh and to answer the question....around 500 ish, with shipping/tax, new...bit of a back log though....seems his stuff is TOO GUD.....

I bought it off the E-commerce here ON THIS BOARD....I THINK I WAS THE FIRST.....
brp914
I bought it off the E-commerce here ON THIS BOARD....I THINK I WAS THE FIRST.....

only see Wevo shifter in Club store, not Rennshift. They are different, no?

Rennshift only for 901 box, or 915 too?
Joe Bob
Dunno...maybe it got pulled....

But I know I was also the first to post an offensive avatar.... bootyshake.gif

I get my firsts anyplace a I cans.... mueba.gif
tat2dphreak
I think James is so far behind on the production, he asked them to pull it the first day... when he gets caught up he'll open them up to the public again... I think he has a waiting list that is close to X-Mas now...
Joe Bob
http://www.rennshift.com/

Then go direct...
Joe Bob
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 4 2005, 05:02 PM)
I think James is so far behind on the production, he asked them to pull it the first day... when he gets caught up he'll open them up to the public again... I think he has a waiting list that is close to X-Mas now...

James was nice enuff to send one that allowed me to win my class..."I" think at San Diego in a fresh converted 914/6.....kudos to James....
pray.gif
JWest
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 4 2005, 08:02 PM)

Yep, you got it... wacko.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (James Adams @ Jul 4 2005, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 4 2005, 08:02 PM)

Yep, you got it... wacko.gif

does getting it right move me up on the list? wink.gif

where am I now? end october? mid november?

happy11.gif

just keep up the good work!
ClayPerrine
I still want one for my /6 conversion.

How far down the list would I be if I sign up now?

Can I $$$ you to move up the list?
RON S.
I'm on the list too. biggrin.gif

Can't wait to get mine,but I'll have to.

The shifter moves my project one more step closer to the ROAD driving.gif

Yeah baby! aktion035.gif

Ron
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 5 2005, 10:03 AM)
I still want one for my /6 conversion.

How far down the list would I be if I sign up now?

Can I $$$ you to move up the list?

great, a new commodity... your place in line for the new rennshifter... like auctioning off low numbers at the DMV, or Deli
GTeener
QUOTE (brp914 @ Jul 4 2005, 03:58 PM)

So does the Wevo 901 shifter just replace the existing 914 901 side-shift parts? Or are additional parts required? confused24.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...5cda1d6df50eb51

Who's done this conversion and how is it? driving.gif driving-girl.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (GTeener @ Sep 13 2005, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (brp914 @ Jul 4 2005, 03:58 PM)

So does the Wevo 901 shifter just replace the existing 914 901 side-shift parts? Or are additional parts required? confused24.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...5cda1d6df50eb51

Who's done this conversion and how is it? driving.gif driving-girl.gif

wevo in the club store is for the 915 tranny... the Rennshifter is for the 901 and you only need the stock linkage and tranny... nothing special besides the rennshifter
JWest
QUOTE (GTeener @ Sep 13 2005, 05:17 PM)

The RennShift "shifter" works with ALL 901, 911, 915, 914 side shift, and 914 tail shift. It is a complete bolt-in shifter.

The WEVO "shift kit" does NOT work with 914 side-shift. If you want one for a 914 tail-shift or 915 conversion you also need to buy a late 911 shift tower to install it in, as it is only a stick and parts.

The 915 transmission conversion is a completely different animal and can be combined with with the 915 RennShift inside the car.
GTeener
So why does it say the Wevo works " for the 901 and 915 equipped 914's" ???
JWest
QUOTE (GTeener @ Sep 13 2005, 06:47 PM)

It's does only if it is a tail shifter.

The RennShift is the only upgraded shifter available for a side shift 914 (not considering the Welt which is just a stick).
GTeener
QUOTE (James Adams @ Sep 13 2005, 04:00 PM)

The RennShift is the only upgraded shifter available for a side shift 914 (not considering the Welt which is just a stick).

OK. So how long does it take to get a RennShifter for my 901 side-shifting 914? And how much will it cost me?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (GTeener @ Sep 13 2005, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (James Adams @ Sep 13 2005, 04:00 PM)

OK. So how long does it take to get a RennShifter for my 901 side-shifting 914? And how much will it cost me?

less than a wevo biggrin.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 13 2005, 05:22 PM)

less than a wevo biggrin.gif

James, if this is your marketing department I'd fire them promptly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.