Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone look at a 914 for me in Paso Robles, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stuckon914
A member here has a 914 and I would really like someone from here to be my eyes. I would have it shipped to the East coast, so really would like
some help in looking it over. I know it’s a lot to ask.

The seller is aware and okay with this.
Thanks.
B2524
If you aren’t in a hurry I might be able to do it. I will be in the area next week.
ndfrigi
I know a good member and a long time member is from Paso Robles. Hope he can chime in or able to check your thread.
lierofox
Paso Robles? Never heard of it.

...oh wait.

What exactly do you need to have looked at as far as being your eyes? (As an aside I'm somewhat surprised by how many 914 owners there are in this area.)
Stuckon914
Never heard of it either, looked it up and definitely a beautiful area.
I have seen some pictures of the car and it appears to be what I am looking for, unfortunately for me it’s on the wrong coast. It appears to be an original, straight, stock, rust-free 914, with an operable engine. There are a couple of spots of rust that the seller has pointed out. I’m not seeing any flags that cause concern but pictures don’t always tell the whole story.
I would like someone to confirm the picture and overall description match the car in real life.
Obviously I’m not expecting a deep dive nor a thorough inspection.
Not in a major rush, I’ll find out if the seller has a timeline.
chrisg
If nobody steps up, I can do it. I’m no expert but I’ve been staring at mine long enough to know a thing or two. PM me if needed.
76-914
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Feb 1 2020, 07:55 PM) *

A member here has a 914 and I would really like someone from here to be my eyes. I would have it shipped to the East coast, so really would like

Thanks.

Is it a black 914 w/ fiberglass flares?
Stuckon914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 2 2020, 02:46 PM) *

Thanks.

No flares in the pics I’ve seen.
sb914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 2 2020, 11:46 AM) *

Thanks.

I know where you’re going with this .
With dzus fasteners.?
Blue6
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 2 2020, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 2 2020, 11:46 AM) *

Thanks.

I know where you’re going with this .
With dzus fasteners.?

Yep, that guy was from Paso Robles. Didn’t he used to strap wings on and fly it ?
76-914
I'm just glad he isn't selling it. I miss Elliot.
garrettlee2
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 2 2020, 05:09 PM) *

Is Elliot aka mr. lafong ok? He is just still in exile?
Stuckon914
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Feb 2 2020, 10:19 PM) *

Hopefully I’m not dealing with Elliot.
76-914
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Feb 2 2020, 07:19 PM) *

Yep. Clay gave him a time out and told him he would not allow him back unless he personally apologized to him! Huh? Elliot said to Hell with that and created another member name. Rusty discovered he had come in the back door and banned him permanently. Strange that others here that have created a 2nd personality and were overlooked and not banned. IIRC, Veekry the freak ruffled many feather yet was allowed to continue his vulgar and creepy posts for months on end before he was banned, and I might add deservedly so. Elliot? Well his offense was a political statement that he reiterated after a warning to cease and desist from Clay. Looks to me like a chest butting occurred and unfortunately for Elliot Rusty decided to make an example out of him. If you did not know Elliot pull up his posts, read his contributions and detractions, then tell me; Was this handled correctly? Is this how this community treats a long standing member? I think not. My info comes from talking with Elliott as I have not spoken to Rusty or Clay personally regarding this matter but if I'm mistaken I stand corrected and please correct me here.
lierofox
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Feb 2 2020, 07:01 AM) *

I have seen some pictures of the car and it appears to be what I am looking for, unfortunately for me it’s on the wrong coast. It appears to be an original, straight, stock, rust-free 914, with an operable engine. There are a couple of spots of rust that the seller has pointed out. I’m not seeing any flags that cause concern but pictures don’t always tell the whole story.
I would like someone to confirm the picture and overall description match the car in real life.

By the way I'm just messing with ya, I'm actually from Paso Robles and have lived here for the last 33 years. Mine's the ugly-ass puke-gold 914.

There's a few 914's that I've seen, one of them I see driving into the area by the north end of Golden Hill rd towards Circle B ranch, and there's another one that I seem to remember was dark green that I usually saw parked by the Fastenal on Ramada Drive. Where's the one you're looking at located in Paso?
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 2 2020, 08:10 PM) *
Yep. Clay gave him a time out and told him he would not allow him back unless he personally apologized to him! Huh? Elliot said to Hell with that and created another member name. Rusty discovered he had come in the back door and banned him permanently. Strange that others here that have created a 2nd personality and were overlooked and not banned. IIRC, Veekry the freak ruffled many feather yet was allowed to continue his vulgar and creepy posts for months on end before he was banned, and I might add deservedly so. Elliot? Well his offense was a political statement that he reiterated after a warning to cease and desist from Clay. Looks to me like a chest butting occurred and unfortunately for Elliot Rusty decided to make an example out of him. If you did not know Elliot pull up his posts, read his contributions and detractions, then tell me; Was this handled correctly? Is this how this community treats a long standing member? I think not. My info comes from talking with Elliott as I have not spoken to Rusty or Clay personally regarding this matter but if I'm mistaken I stand corrected and please correct me here.

I dispute some of your "facts", your post is an opinion piece at best ...
dry.gif
get off my lawn
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 2 2020, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Feb 2 2020, 07:19 PM) *

Actions have consequences.
Stuckon914
QUOTE(lierofox @ Feb 3 2020, 12:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Feb 2 2020, 07:01 AM) *

By the way I'm just messing with ya, I'm actually from Paso Robles and have lived here for the last 33 years. Mine's the ugly-ass puke-gold 914.

There's a few 914's that I've seen, one of them I see driving into the area by the north end of Golden Hill rd towards Circle B ranch, and there's another one that I seem to remember was dark green that I usually saw parked by the Fastenal on Ramada Drive. Where's the one you're looking at located in Paso?

33 years, hang in there eventually you’ll become one of the senior owners. I’ve only seen it in a few pictures, it’s possible you’ve seen it. Another board member is looking at it
For me this weekend.

Any tips on what to look for in a roller that had dealer installed A/C. All removed now, basically a roller.
EdwardBlume
Maintain thy airspeed!
Krieger
QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Feb 3 2020, 04:57 PM) *

Maintain thy airspeed!

lol-2.gif

Come out, come out wherever you are! We do miss you! Well I do anyway!
Tdskip
anything ever happened with this? I had a text exchange with the seller but didn’t move on it because I did not want to snake anyone here .
Stuckon914
Someone is looking at it for me tomorrow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.