Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS T4 Cam and Lifters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ButtScraper
NIB Webcam Cam Shaft and Mechanical Lifters. $500 for both. Shipping included in price.
Can someone move this to classifieds please?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=728
482]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Superhawk996
Looks to me like you have a mismatch there between the cam and the lifters.

Unless I'm mistaken Web grind 86 is a mechnaical lifter grind. Your lifterd look like hydraulic lifters with a circlip. Web solid lifters don't have any sort of circlip in them.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

@SirAndy -- maybe move to FS/WTB
MrLeeS
Webcam solid lifters do have a circlip
Driver174
Thought the same about solid lifters as well, until I disassembled one of my Web mechanical lifters. Those look just like my Web Cam solid lifters.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Driver174 @ Feb 2 2020, 04:47 PM) *

Thought the same about solid lifters as well, until I disassembled one of my Web mechanical lifters. Those look just like my Web Cam solid lifters.

Interesting. I have a set of Web solid lifters with the little EDM hole at the center of the lifter face. No circlip.

What is the point of having a circlip on a solid lifter? What would it be retaining?
Montreal914
popcorn[1].gif
Driver174
The insert that mates with the push rod is removable. However it sits on a step machined in the lifter, and is retained by the circlip.
Driver174
I’m guessing that is easier to manufacture the lifter in two pieces.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.