Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12 - Pin Jumper?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
All of the 12-pin diagrams I see have a green jumper wire from pin 11 to pin 10. I don't have this on my 72. It's a 2056 with carbs if that matters. confused24.gif

Do I need to add it? What is it for or what are the benefits?

Thanks!!
bbrock
Edit: It shuttles power to the heater fan relay. You probably don't need it.
BPic
Thanks @bbrock looks like I’ll need to add it.
bbrock
QUOTE(BPic @ Feb 2 2020, 09:48 AM) *

Thanks @bbrock looks like I’ll need to add it.

I just edited my reply after taking a closer look at the schematic. IIRC, your are deleting your heat so don't need it?
BPic
Correct. No heat. I just unwrapped the rest of the engine harness and the green to pin 11 and the white to pin 12 are cut and taped.
bbrock
QUOTE(BPic @ Feb 2 2020, 09:54 AM) *

Correct. No heat. I just unwrapped the rest of the engine harness and the green to pin 11 and the white to pin 12 are cut and taped.

Reading from the 73 schematic:

White to pin 12 connects to pin 13 on the 14-pin connector and both pins take power from the fuel pump relay?
BPic
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 2 2020, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(BPic @ Feb 2 2020, 09:54 AM) *

Reading from the 73 schematic:

White to pin 12 connects to pin 13 on the 14-pin connector and supplies fuel pump. Was your pump relocated with power tapped from somewhere other than the black/red wire?

Well the harness is a hack job that I’m rebuilding with 2 harnesses. I put the pump up front and can tap into the original wires. May need to take a break from it. Looking at 2 harness both were hacked a bit. It’s getting a little confusing!!!
JeffBowlsby
A 72 ignition harness does not jumper pins 10-11. The fan on a 70-72 car has individual wires from 10 & 11 routing directly to the fan in the ignition harness. The fan on a 73-76 car is fed from two wires branching out of the chassis harness. Don’t confuse the two, they are different.
bbrock
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Feb 2 2020, 10:53 AM) *

A 72 ignition harness does not jumper pins 10-11. The fan on a 70-72 car has individual wires from 10 & 11 routing directly to the fan in the ignition harness. The fan on a 73-76 car is fed from two wires branching out of the chassis harness. Don’t confuse the two, they are different.

Thanks Jeff! Yes, I was responding based on a 73 and POs car is a 72. Good catch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.