Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parting Shot(s)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Craigers17
So last week, I bought a 914 just outside of Albuquerque, NM, but the deal got delayed because the owner had to go out of town for a week. Long story short, we finalized things on Saturday morning and the transport company picked it up last night.

Here are a few pics the PO took yesterday before departure. And, yes, that is a HellCat right in front of it.....if his car gets dropped off first, I'm sure he'll be jealous.

It needs some work, but it is a running, driving 74' 2.0.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Craigers17
...and a little background on the vehicle by the P.O.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXLzffgRqNw&app=desktop
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Looks like a great starting point. Congrats!
Mikey914
Congrats You have what looks to be a solid car!
SirAndy
@JeffBowlsby

popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Feb 3 2020, 01:58 AM) *
So last week, I bought a 914 just outside of Albuquerque, NM, but the deal got delayed because the owner had to go out of town for a week. Long story short, we finalized things on Saturday morning and the transport company picked it up last night.

Is this a known LE?
idea.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
a running driving LIMITED EDITION!!!! Congrats!

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Feb 3 2020, 02:58 AM) *

Here are a few pics the PO took yesterday before departure. And, yes, that is a HellCat right in front of it.....if his car gets dropped off first, I'm sure he'll be jealous.

It needs some work, but it is a running, driving 74' 2.0.

Craigers17
I appreciate the positive feedback from everyone. I'll take more pics this weekend ....it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow or Wed. The VIN on both the title and the plate puts it in the range of LE's , as does the paint code on the door jamb.

P.O. also states he has the original owner's manual and it says it's an LE as well. To my knowledge and the registry, there is no COA on file verifying this however. I will perform the due diligence to find out. That's all I know at this point.
Craigers17
My 914 arrived today... it arrived quickly and in good shape. It had a good amount of water in both trunks, so I vacuumed that out quickly. I took several pics while it was still on the trailer to get a baseline.

General 30 min assessment:

Pretty solid car w/ a good portion of parts in tact and functional. The shifter rod linkage cover needs immediate attention, as it's just hanging there. Heat exchangers are gone. Passenger side air deflector is missing.
I'll have to pull the rocker covers, seats, & back pad this weekend to assess additional rust.

Driveability...only drove it about 2 miles, but the pedal seems sticky. At times, it seemed to need too much pedal, but once the rpms got up there, I could let off & the rpms would almost stay constant??? It did idle pretty well, but the FI needs some sorting..so no surprise there.

Functionality,...all dash gauges seemed functional, except the odometer, and the center console gauges don't work. Seat belt buzzer, open door, and flashing brake light all work, assuming that blinking brake light is supposed to come on when parking brake is on.

All in all...pretty decent car ....just needs a lot of TLC. More pics & details later.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Craigers17
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Craigers17
Craigers17
Craigers17
Craigers17
Click to view attachment
porschetub
Wow what a score and looks very sound,nice to see another 914 and an LE @ the same time getting some TLC,well done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.