Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Bosch Alternator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PittsM12
The replacement rebuilt sold is NOT an identical match. Connections different and about 10mm longer. Is there anyone that rebuilds the original alternator? my local shop said they could not.
Thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
You are right, and the new replacement is a hassle to install. You may search e bay or the internet for an al 21x. those are the old bosch rebuilds and will plop right in.

If you cannot find one, look for rebuilders in your area. Here we use our local guy and he does a great job

QUOTE(PittsM12 @ Feb 3 2020, 08:35 AM) *

The replacement rebuilt sold is NOT an identical match. Connections different and about 10mm longer. Is there anyone that rebuilds the original alternator? my local shop said they could not.
Thanks!

mepstein
My local battery shop has rebuilt a couple dozen starters and alternators for the shop. Ask your mechanic where they send theirs out for repair.
rgalla9146
Find the oldest rebuilder in your area.
Why Porsche didn't just put a three wire plug on the outside of the fiberglass is a
mystery.
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 3 2020, 11:42 AM) *

Find the oldest rebuilder in your area.
Why Porsche didn't just put a three wire plug on the outside of the fiberglass is a
mystery.

That would make things a lot easier.
Mark Henry
IIRC last time I looked the bearings are hard to find and not cheap. I looked last fall because I think I have a rumble in the fan area.
PittsM12
Thanks for the input. I found a rebuilt one on ebay. I will report back re fit and quality.
pete000
Not cheap, but what about this ?
Mikey914
You can pay as much as you want. At that price I know I can make them!!! For less.

Hopefully I'm not needed and you can get a reasonable one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.