Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rhodyguy on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Kevin, Dave, Gerry and Sarah (DNHunt's kids) showin off Kevin's new ride. No one explained it was a right hand drive.
DNHunt
Two silver 914s by the water.
TheCabinetmaker
That's wierd. the letters on your plate are backward?
DNHunt
Kevin and Dave on the road.
DNHunt
Both parked in Dave's driveway.
DNHunt
The right hand drive was taken in the mirror of Dave's car.
seanery
very nice, guys!

I'm jealous...I've never been out with other teeners, only with water pumpers and tail draggers! sad.gif
ChrisReale
Nice! Kevin, I really like that front spoiler. Tell me more about it. Does it hit anything?
rhodyguy
as we were doing the photo thing, a guy in a range rover stops. he's got a silver 73' 2.0 that he hasn't started in 12 years. dave and i were both ready to low ball him if it was offered up. fun drive today. i think daves son will make a good mechanic, he sure has the interest and has the time table all worked out for when he gets his licience.

kevin
TheCabinetmaker
Yeah, I know. I was "trying " to be funny. Oh, well!
Glad to see you guys on the road together. I get to do it daily with my son in law. I can just imagine the people saying"what kind car is that? I don't know, but here comes another one".
rhodyguy
chris, the bottom 3 1/2 " is flex rubber. so you have 7 1/2" to the ground. i don't remember who i bought that from, some mailorder outfit. makes the car "look" much lower. i'm not running the rear val. i like the exposed look so you can see the triad. my antenna ball is an aliens head.

kevin
DNHunt
We turned a few heads. Luckily none of Gig Harbor's finest. We stayed to the backroads and found lots of twisties and curvies. We kept it under control in the beginning but that can only last so long. We basically took the same route back we took out so the road was somewhat familiar and that inspired a little give and take (now, now boys). Both our cars are 2.0Ls. Kevin's car is carbed and mine is injected. They ran pretty close with maybe a little edge to Kevin. Fun to run with another 914. 914's are not an everyday sight here but when you start looking for them you can see quite a few.

We encouraged the guy in the Range Rover to check out the board. We'll see. He seemed pretty enthusiastic.

Dave
Gint
Looks great Kevin.
Bleyseng
AWESOME! Its great to see after all that hard work you have put in pays off!! Great Kevin! hope to see it soon.
Geoff
Lawrence
Congrats, dude... I know that has to make you happy!

-Rusty smoke.gif
AZ914
Congrats! Pics look great! driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Kevin & Dave,
Did you offer to help the guy in the range rover get his 914 back on the road? Sometimes a word of encouragement from a 914 guy, and seeing two on the road together, may be all it takes to save another one from destruction.
I've seen three dead on the road in the last two years.
I always leave a note with an offer to help. Two of the three have responded and are still driving them. There is nothing more rewarding than to see a "lost cause" come back from the dead.

914 parking only driving.gif
DNHunt
Ya we offered to help him. He is having some problems with D-jet so we gave we wrote down this web site and suggested Brad Ander's site. He was in a big hurry so we didn't get any info from him. Hopefully he will visit online and we can see if he is making any progress. I got the impression he was looking for a shop to fix him up. Both Kevin and I are trying to wrench our own cars so we didn't have much info on shops for him. The last time I tried to find a shop in our area to work on my car I couldn't find any takers (just as well). The main reason was that most are in such bad shape or have been tinkered with so much that they are losers profit wise.

Dave
TheCabinetmaker
Well, glad to see most mechanics attitudes haven't changed since the 70's. We're lucky here in Tulsa to have a dedicated 914 guy as one of the best P car mechs around. I do most of my own work, but when I run against a wall, I call him.

Keep the teeners running at all cost!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.