Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade: would like 951 offset 7"x16 rims for rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DRPHIL914
the 7" fuchs I have are super tight even with the fenders massaged like they are, and the 951 / 944 offset would be perfect, if you have a pair of these and would like to make a trade deal or even if you might know hwere there is a set please let me know!!

Phil

ps: mine are very good condition- the 6" set are on the car now, and have 205/55-16 Potenza A/# 11's with about 50% tread left and a 2014 date code but always garaged and about 5,000 miles on them, a few trips to Okteenerfest, mountain driving but no track time at all - can go with or without tires, -
the 7" fuchs were on my car for about 6 months and never back on after repaint.
they are perfect condition. the 6" rims do have a bit chipping on the paint . It looks like the wheel restorer didn't get the paint to bond to the area well, may be he polished them before painting the pedals, but both sets have polished outer rim and pedals and the iner part is the black painted parts.

Phil
mepstein
I believe 7” 951’s are the same offset as 7” 911’s. It’s the 8” that differs. Check a Fuchs chart.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 4 2020, 12:58 PM) *

I believe 7” 951’s are the same offset as 7” 911’s. It’s the 8” that differs. Check a Fuchs chart.

will double check this but I had been told previously when looking abo0ut a year ago that the 7" were different. - not sure of the part number but will pull up that offset chart.
burton73
I have a pair of 951 numbers 7in that I would trade for the 16x6s pair
but I think the offset is the same. So I think the fit is the same as the 7s x16 911s

I have heard that the 7s will fit a bigger brake. I can take pictures if you want.

Not sure that this would help.

Also I am on the west coast so shipping will be a bit today

Bob B
mepstein
Everyone thinks there is some magic 7” wheel that will fit on a narrow body 914 without modding the fender. There is just not enough room no matter how you offset the wheel. 7R Fuchs will not fit either without at least light mods.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 4 2020, 02:38 PM) *

Everyone thinks there is some magic 7” wheel that will fit on a narrow body 914 without modding the fender. There is just not enough room no matter how you offset the wheel. 7R Fuchs will not fit either without at least light mods.

Ok! I was misinformed. Thanks Mark for the clarification- at this point I will finish my rear suspension adjustment and alignment, then get tires on the 7” rims again, and see where I am at- currently I have no camber, once set up with the -2 I think I might be ok. , I have had work done on those fenders and I do have about 1” more space than before the work was done.- thanks Bob for the offer but looks like I will stand pat for now.
DRPHIL914
By the way , my picture above is of when I first put the 7” on the car and the guys at the shop didn’t see they were rubbing and just around the block paint was bubbled - fast forward 3 years and now I have more room than that, and car has new fresh paint, so I will make dang sure they don’t rub at all
burton73
Why not put on a set of 16x6 all around. You just need one pair and get them refinished

Bob B
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 4 2020, 03:31 PM) *

Why not put on a set of 16x6 all around. You just need one pair and get them refinished

Bob B

agree.gif It's still plenty of wheel and tire for a 914 and no fitment issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.