Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Speaker housing grill covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pezz
Original Speaker housing grill covers from 1970
Left is pristine,
Right has one broken screw hole and 3 broken grill bars, easily restored.
Asking $90 OBO for both, Shipping included, Priority USPS
Cashiers check or Paypal Please
Thank you

jrblackbox
Just a question? How are these easily restored? Thanks
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Pezz @ Feb 4 2020, 02:03 PM) *

Left is pristine,

Lol! Looks Like the one you are calling the left side (2nd picture) also has a crack in the grill area, also the corner is broken off. Pristine?
Pezz
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 4 2020, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Pezz @ Feb 4 2020, 02:03 PM) *

Left is pristine,

Lol! Looks Like the one you are calling the left side (2nd picture) also has a crack in the grill area, also the corner is broken off. Pristine?

Thank you for pointing out the corner is broken. There is no crack. The plastic texture is causing a shadow in initial photo, and they still had moist spots after washing them. Maybe "Almost pristine"?
Thanks
Pezz
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Feb 4 2020, 02:30 PM) *

Perhaps I should not have said "easily."

I considered making a wood or cardboard mold for the damaged areas and use an epoxy plastic putty and dremel. Could make repair pieces with a 3-D printer, or cutting pieces from another damaged grill. Not easy on time, but doable.
Thanks
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Pezz @ Feb 5 2020, 12:16 AM) *

QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Feb 4 2020, 02:30 PM) *

Perhaps I should not have said "easily."

I considered making a wood or cardboard mold for the damaged areas and use an epoxy plastic putty and dremel. Could make repair pieces with a 3-D printer, or cutting pieces from another damaged grill. Not easy on time, but doable.
Thanks

Please proceed and post some after pictures! Be sure the grain in the wood mold matches the grain in the plastic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.