Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Underneath
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
Is the frame underneath the engine lid grill supposed to be black to match the grill? If so has anyone left it the body color and prefer it? Thanks in advance for your thoughts
mb911
QUOTE(shane @ Feb 5 2020, 06:50 AM) *

Is the frame underneath the engine lid grill supposed to be black to match the grill? If so has anyone left it the body color and prefer it? Thanks in advance for your thoughts

I prefer body color even though I know its wrong.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(shane @ Feb 5 2020, 08:50 AM) *

Yes its black originally.

Here is a picture of one painted body color. it seems to have had the cross brace removed. Just to give you an idea of the look.

Click to view attachment

sb914
Mines painted but it gets dirty. Probably better to do in black . Btw anyone ever notice the $ sign from reflection. “It’s a sign”Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
I prefer the black
SirAndy
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Feb 5 2020, 10:01 AM) *

I prefer the black

agree.gif

PanelBilly
Mines body colored but I was thinking of putting a black wrap on it. Then I could always change back
914_7T3
Only realized they were black after reinstalling the grill. Decided to run it as is.

Click to view attachment
dt4
Im glad I saw this, I would have painted mine body colour otherwise
Mark Henry
Paint it the body colour then just mask, scuff it with a scotchbrite pad and rattle can the area flat black. Same for the area under the body little grills, flat black.

IIRC the underside isn't painted black, it's the body colour.
StarBear
Mine's black; am the original owner so I know it hasn't been modified by a PO.
shane
Black it is thanks everyone smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.