Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1970 914 WITH 2.2 6 cyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
daviddisanto
FS 1970 914, rotisserie 100% bare metal restoration 2012, replaced driver side floor panel and hell hole, painted original factory yellow. Car had a 2.0 litre 4 cyl, I purchased a 914-6 engine from Patrick Motorsports, Jim Patrick gave me the paperwork that stated the 914-6 had been stored for over 24 years at the time he bought it and had been driven less than 5000 miles, prior to the storage, Stoddard Porsche Ohio in the 1970's built (quote) "one of their famous trick 2.2 S motors with 1967 S cams, 34 mm Weber carbs, counterbalanced Crank, 2.2 911S pistons and cylinders and 2.2 heads. It claims 180 hp." When I bought the engine I decided to rebuild it because of age, we found it has big valve heads. The Weber carbs were difficult to run right so I installed new PMO carbs, runs perfect. The engine has about 3160 miles on it since rebuild. I've installed new SS fuel lines, new fuel pump in Frunk, new alternator, oil cooler, oil pump, new rubber, new windshield, Palo Alto rebuilt speedometer. Since I live in AZ the heat is not hooked up but the SS headers have heater boxes. The upholstery and carpets are new. The dash has a small crack (see photos). All 4 wheels are 7 X 15 Fuchs, Steering wheel is MOMO but original steering wheel come with car. Calibers are all PMB. $40000 cashClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=729
061]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=729065]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=729069]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[atta
chmentid=729073]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[
attachmentid=729078]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ndfrigi
Beautiful and I think it will sell fast!
Cairo94507
Looks like a great car with a great motor. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
dgw
Are there any water leaks in either trunk or the interior? I assume the spare is a 15" wheel to match the ones on the car?
Looks like a really nice 914. I wish the pictures weren't sideways.
daviddisanto
QUOTE(dgw @ Feb 8 2020, 09:35 PM) *

Are there any water leaks in either trunk or the interior? I assume the spare is a 15" wheel to match the ones on the car?

I don't know if the trunks or top leak, it has never been in the rain since I restored it and the car has been in Arizona since, I did install all new rubber on the entire car. The spare wheel is a 15" Porsche wheel, I didn't feel it had to be a Fuch wheel like the other 4 on the car, they are 7 X 15 wheels that cost me $1500 each! Sorry for the sideways pics, I don't know why they came out like that.
dgw
QUOTE(daviddisanto @ Feb 9 2020, 06:19 AM) *

QUOTE(dgw @ Feb 8 2020, 09:35 PM) *

I don't know if the trunks or top leak, it has never been in the rain since I restored it and the car has been in Arizona since, I did install all new rubber on the entire car. The spare wheel is a 15" Porsche wheel, I didn't feel it had to be a Fuch wheel like the other 4 on the car, they are 7 X 15 wheels that cost me $1500 each! Sorry for the sideways pics, I don't know why they came out like that.

The leak reply is pretty much what I expected since you are in Arizona. Its good to know about new rubber everywhere though. On the pics, I figured out a way to see them the right way. I don't know why they come out sideways sometimes either. What would be required to hook the heat up? Google maps says it around 700 miles from Arizona to where i live, would you drive the car on that trip?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.