Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone knows the owner of this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bart.Car-Bone
Hi

Does anyone knows the owner of this 914 https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=156347 ?
It looks very nice and was wondering what improvements besides few they wrote was made to the car. Also which color is it. Olympic blue or Laguna Blue..

Bart
dax1969
QUOTE(Bart.Car-Bone @ Feb 6 2020, 03:06 PM) *

Hi

Does anyone knows the owner of this 914 https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=156347 ?
It looks very nice and was wondering what improvements besides few they wrote was made to the car. Also which color is it. Olympic blue or Laguna Blue..

Bart

not olympic or laguna blue...just google both colors and you will see.
Cars looks shiny but worried about the panel they bolded in the rear trunk. Think you are into a big suprise underneath.

good luck
Dax
SirAndy
- Looks like the car used to be yellow.

- That turquoise is not a stock 914 color and there's overspray everywhere.

- The bolts in the rear trunk look like mounts for some sort of aftermarket sway bar.

- The rear trunk floor has been "repaired". If you are lucky, they cut out the rust and patched in a flat piece of metal (instead of using the readily available and correct reproduction metal), if you are unlucky they just covered up the rust and it's still underneath that flat piece.

- Hacked wiring everywhere.

- No images of the underside, which is always a red flag.

For $24k (Canadian?) i would expect a lot better than this ...
dry.gif
Sway Bar
I agree, that rear trunk panel is an overlay of something?? Nice big brakes for a 2 liter laugh.gif

My favorite description is that the "ashtray is in nice working order".

I know it doesn't answer your original question.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 6 2020, 12:32 PM) *

- Looks like the car used to be yellow.

- That turquoise is not a stock 914 color and there's overspray everywhere.

- The bolts in the rear trunk look like mounts for some sort of aftermarket sway bar.

- The rear trunk floor has been "repaired". If you are lucky, they cut out the rust and patched in a flat piece of metal (instead of using the readily available and correct reproduction metal), if you are unlucky they just covered up the rust and it's still underneath that flat piece.

- Hacked wiring everywhere.

- No images of the underside, which is always a red flag.

For $24k (Canadian?) i would expect a lot better than this ...
dry.gif

$24000 Canadian is about $18050 USD
If the longs, etc., checked out the price is about what I'd expect from a dealer , but I'm on the other side of the country and prices tend to be higher here.

At this price point I'd expect the car to be safety certified.
Not sure on British Colombia car certification (safety) regulations but here (Ontario Canada) no E-brakes would be an instant fail, you can't get plates (tags) till it's fixed, likely the reason it's being sold "as is".

I find it odd that it's not being advertised locally, Kijiji ads are free to cheap. I get alerted to any 914 F/S all Canada kijiji and I haven't seen this one. Big red flag.

I would definitely get a PPI from a shop of your choice. FB 914 Canada has members in BC that might look at it for you.

Four of the rear trunk bolts are likely a rear oil cooler mount.
Mark Henry
I take it you're Car-bone the decal maker?

welcome.png
Bart.Car-Bone
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 6 2020, 08:43 PM) *

I take it you're Car-bone the decal maker?

welcome.png

Yes we are those sticker makers, and not only stickers - we have a lot of different items.

I asked about this car as I like the color very much with Gt alike body and as it is US car maybe anyone knew the owner. But if not well...

I have no intention to buy this particular one.
Bart.Car-Bone
Well I found the guy who apparently bought it https://www.instagram.com/lous_cars/ smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.