Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 3.0L Subaru powered 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
A&P Mech
I am unable to resist the temptation to buy an airplane. So my 1974 914 is now for sale. It is powered with an EZ30D Subaru 3.0L. The transmission is a Subaru 5MT. I have over 9K miles on the conversion. It runs great and is pretty quick. The car has a ton of upgrades including brake calibers from PMB, shocks and springs, Speed Hut gauges, interior and dash from 914 Rubber, hydraulic clutch, ect. Most everthing that I did to the car is in my build thread here on the World. "Out with the old and in with the Roo"

The car could use a paint job.

I am listing it here first. I will be listing it on Craigslist later this weekend. I am asking $14500.
Ppm2u
Are there detailed photos available?

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Feb 7 2020, 10:50 AM) *

I am unable to resist the temptation to buy an airplane. So my 1974 914 is now for sale. It is powered with an EZ30D Subaru 3.0L. The transmission is a Subaru 5MT. I have over 9K miles on the conversion. It runs great and is pretty quick. The car has a ton of upgrades including brake calibers from PMB, shocks and springs, Speed Hut gauges, interior and dash from 914 Rubber, hydraulic clutch, ect. Most everthing that I did to the car is in my build thread here on the World. "Out with the old and in with the Roo"

I am listing it here first. I will be listing it on Craigslist later this weekend. I am asking $14500.

A&P Mech
Yes, take a look at my build thread. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=220569

QUOTE(Ppm2u @ Feb 7 2020, 08:52 AM) *

Are there detailed photos available?

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Feb 7 2020, 10:50 AM) *

pete000
I would think it would be safe to say it's a wee bit faster than the stock type 4
a9146luvr
i don't trust links, could you post a pic (a few pics) here? you did advert here! sad.gif
mrholland2
I would love to see the general look of the car (you said it could use a paint job). I dumped my project 914 due to lack of space, time, talent, and etc. but would love to buy something pretty well finished.
A&P Mech
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Feb 8 2020, 07:38 PM) *

I would love to see the general look of the car (you said it could use a paint job). I dumped my project 914 due to lack of space, time, talent, and etc. but would love to buy something pretty well finished.

My car was originally Revenna green but it was repainted in red sometime in the past. The paint is starting to chip in a few places. It does still take a shine with a little wax but it could use a repaint. The car still looks pretty good and does get a lot of looks.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(a9146luvr @ Feb 8 2020, 09:35 PM) *

i don't trust links, could you post a pic (a few pics) here? you did advert here! sad.gif

Link is 914world, it's a build thread in the garage, way more pic's and build questions answered than you could ever want.
Mueller
How can you not tell us what type of plane?

Good luck with sale, your build is very inspirational and has great ideas to follow.

A&P Mech
I am looking for a Kitfox or Highlander. I am also considering a Wilga.
A&P Mech
Price dropped. $14,000 obo.
GNAMES
I’m excited to see the car Ray! Definitely interested in this project idea.gif
David.laRuse
QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Feb 23 2020, 06:04 PM) *

Maybe we should talk, I have a 1980 Beechcraft Skipper. The Skipper (2 Seat) is an great Trainer or Weekend Plane. David.
A&P Mech
QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Mar 14 2020, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(A&P Mech @ Feb 23 2020, 06:04 PM) *

Maybe we should talk, I have a 1980 Beechcraft Skipper. The Skipper (2 Seat) is an great Trainer or Weekend Plane. David.

David.
I will pm you with my contact info.

A&P Mech
Sold!
Mark Henry
So skipper....Do you now own a plane? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.