Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Early Deludor-F Window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gcrotvik
Looking to complete the window set for my 70. I need a drivers side Deludor-F factory tinted window in very good condition. Willing to pay a premium for the right window.

Thanks,
Greg
Chris914n6
factory windows are a dime a dozen. should be cheap....
gcrotvik
I guess I should clarify. I’m looking for an early style (70-71.5), tinted drivers window.
por7017
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 8 2020, 02:13 PM) *

I guess I should clarify. I’m looking for an early style (70-71.5), tinted drivers window.

I'm parting out a 70 with deludor marked windows and they appear to be lightly tinted. They do have VW logo in corner where deludor logo is located. were the early windows lightly tinted and did some come clear untinted. I'll get some pics but will need to send to an email address because i havnt figured out how to add pics to a pm on this forum

Gale H

douggaleh at hotmail dot com
por7017

I'm parting out a 70 with deludor marked windows and they appear to be lightly tinted. They do have VW logo in corner where deludor logo is located. were the early windows lightly tinted and did some come clear untinted.

Gale H

Click to view attachment

gcrotvik
Email sent. Thanks!
Tom_T
QUOTE(por7017 @ Feb 8 2020, 11:54 AM) *

... were the early windows lightly tinted and did some come clear untinted. ...

Gale H

Gale & Greg,

The "non-tinted" windows & windshield still have a greenish hue to the glass, so they can look tinted. The best way to tell is to compare with a known tinted, or look on the 914's COA to see if it says under options something like: "Tinted Glass All Around" as one of the listed options.

BTW - rear glass was never tinted from the factory because it was both protected by the roll-bar & canted out at the top to keep glare off of it, although there were some aftermarket replacement glas there tinted. So if it looks the same darkness or tint as the rear glass, then it's probably non-tinted.

Just looking at Gale's pic of the glass with logo, I'm guessing not tinted. But then, photos can vary widely by camera & screen.

Here's a pic of my `73's R "vent glass" with the logo, which is known tinted all around (since I'm 2nd owner since 1975).

Click to view attachment

It's really hard to tell if it's tinted in the pic too (to my eye it looks greener in my pic), so best to check Gale's by an in person comparison or COA.

>> Gale, to add pix from the "cloud" or web - just use the box with the tree at the top of the message box/page, click it & cut-n-paste the web link in between the img symbols.

To upload from your phone/laptop, use the Browse below the Smilies area to the left, find your file in the browse box, click open, then click Add this Attachment to upload the image, it'll work a bit while it uploads, then pic a spot in your message where you want the pic & click there, then click Add into Post at the image from the list below the message box.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
por7017
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 8 2020, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(por7017 @ Feb 8 2020, 11:54 AM) *

... were the early windows lightly tinted and did some come clear untinted. ...

Gale H

Gale & Greg,

The "non-tinted" windows & windshield still have a greenish hue to the glass, so they can look tinted. The best way to tell is to compare with a known tinted, or look on the 914's COA to see if it says under options something like: "Tinted Glass All Around" as one of the listed options.

BTW - rear glass was never tinted from the factory because it was both protected by the roll-bar & canted out at the top to keep glare off of it, although there were some aftermarket replacement glas there tinted. So if it looks the same darkness or tint as the rear glass, then it's probably non-tinted.

Just looking at Gale's pic of the glass with logo, I'm guessing not tinted. But then, photos can vary widely by camera & screen.

Here's a pic of my `73's R "vent glass" with the logo, which is known tinted all around (since I'm 2nd owner since 1975).

Click to view attachment

It's really hard to tell if it's tinted in the pic too (to my eye it looks greener in my pic), so best to check Gale's by an in person comparison or COA.

>> Gale, to add pix from the "cloud" or web - just use the box with the tree at the top of the message box/page, click it & cut-n-paste the web link in between the img symbols.

To upload from your phone/laptop, use the Browse below the Smilies area to the left, find your file in the browse box, click open, then click Add this Attachment to upload the image, it'll work a bit while it uploads, then pic a spot in your message where you want the pic & click there, then click Add into Post at the image from the list below the message box. n

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom, thanks for the info. I'm guessing since my glass does not have the "F", it is not tinted.

Gale H

rgalla9146
Delour 1 is not tinted
Delour F is tinted
gcrotvik
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 8 2020, 06:05 PM) *

Delour 1 is not tinted
Delour F is tinted

Totally agree.
bdstone914
@gcrotvik
date='Feb 8 2020, 08:30 PM' post='2784333']
[quote name='rgalla9146' post='2784319' date='Feb 8 2020, 06:05 PM']
Delour 1 is not tinted
Delour F is tinted
[/quote]

Totally agree.
[/quote]

I have a bunch of early glass. Let me go through them and find the best one.

Bruce
gcrotvik
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Feb 8 2020, 07:54 PM' post='2784362']
@gcrotvik
date='Feb 8 2020, 08:30 PM' post='2784333']
[quote name='rgalla9146' post='2784319' date='Feb 8 2020, 06:05 PM']
Delour 1 is not tinted
Delour F is tinted
[/quote]

Totally agree.
[/quote]

I have a bunch of early glass. Let me go through them and find the best one.

Bruce
[/quote]

Thanks Bruce.
gcrotvik
Still looking for a nice early drivers side tinted window.
Chris914n6
-F and -1F is tinted.

You can't miss the green if it's tinted. Just put something white behind it.

Camera butchered the colors...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.