Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking at making a 6 part possible GB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Looks like a few folks may want these I can make these at $5 if I can sell 200.

Or 100 at $10

Just gonna take about 1k to make these. I may be able to do for less, but to pencil this out I at least need to get in the ballpark.

Others ar selling NOS at over $50
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=729960

Just trying to see if there is a need?

So who would be in for these?

SirAndy
Where exactly do these go on a /6?
confused24.gif
Mikey914
right here.
Rikyrat
These are exactly what I am looking for.

Question, I realize these are more than likely prototypes, what color are they going to be, maybe the skittles rainbow? I need 2 in black

dr914@autoatlanta.com
the color in the picture is not correct the color of the part is more opaque

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Engine-...1455924510.html
sbsix
I’m in for three.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Rikyrat @ Feb 12 2020, 07:42 AM) *

These are exactly what I am looking for.

Question, I realize these are more than likely prototypes, what color are they going to be, maybe the skittles rainbow? I need 2 in black

Original color was a milky color. We planned to make like OEM if we do these. Sure I can do black, but is it worth an extra $250 in material and set up?
914forme
Most likely me - I'm in.

BTW, black is solved via Sharpie or Inkzall
porbmw
I'm assuming these are "2 per car"?
If so, would need 4 pieces...
And thanks, I saw this on ebay, and wondered if it was worth paying for at NOS prices
Paul
sbsix
Only one needed for the engine tin on a 914-6.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 12 2020, 10:55 AM) *

the color in the picture is not correct the color of the part is more opaque

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Engine-...1455924510.html

Yeah right George.
Your repro is right and the two originals are wrong.
Get your vision checked.
Mikey914
It could possibly be heat aged. It will cause the nylon to yellow some. It it was stored somewhere where it got hot. I did notice that some of the plugs I just made were more yellow, not this color, but yellowish from heat and exposure to oil, exhaust, and road grime.
horizontally-opposed
The originals *were* a bit translucent—at least the larger round ones seen here in my car are a bit translucent...and they are definitely yellowed. Don't know how white they were when new, but mine have yellowed as they're 50~ years old.

Not easy to come by, so I'd be in for a set or two. Now curious to see if my car has those other two plugs...they don't look familiar to me, as holes or plugs.
Coondog
I am in for 1
Mikey914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 12 2020, 11:04 PM) *

The originals *were* a bit translucent—at least the larger round ones seen here in my car are a bit translucent...and they are definitely yellowed. Don't know how white they were when new, but mine have yellowed as they're 50~ years old.

Not easy to come by, so I'd be in for a set or two. Now curious to see if my car has those other two plugs...they don't look familiar to me, as holes or plugs.

What year is yours? The holes for the larger plug were eliminated in late production.
rhodyguy
With a hole in it, it would be handy for the supply line for carbs. I had to modify the FI one. OK success.
DEC
I'm in for 3
DEC
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 13 2020, 06:00 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 12 2020, 11:04 PM) *

What year is yours? The holes for the larger plug were eliminated in late production.

My '72 6 has them
gms
I am in for 7
sbsix
These are from my car showing 50 years of heat, wear & tear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.