Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75/76 2.0 914 engine, full powdercoat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
volkaholic
This is a real 1975-1976 Porsche 914 2 liter engine. It has the 3 bolt cylinder heads and the angled spark plugs that only came on this engine. The heads have 1/2" tube vents built into them. Top cylinder sheetmetal is specific for this engine. All of the fuel injection stuff was taken off at some point in the past. I got this on a pallet from CA. It had been in a 75-78 VW bus at some point, mileage unknown, then the engine was pulled out and put on a pallet and stored in warehouse for a number of years. I got it, cleaned it up top to bottom, blasted and powdercoated all the tin. It still has the original distributor, points and condenser. I tested the distributor to be sure it worked. The following work has been done.

oil changed to Valvoline 20W50 high zinc oil "made especially for flat tappet push rod engines"
valve adjusted
new bosch spark plugs
new spark wires
new fan belt
new valve cover gaskets
good used, tested, german thermostat
new thermostat cable
all engine tin blasted and powdercoated satin black
cast fan shroud blasted and powdercoated agate gray - to match Porsche 356 fan shrouds
1-2 side heater box sled is shown, but not installed since no heater boxes are installed, but it is included in the sale

This engine has all sheet metal to go into a Porsche 914. I also have the firewall tin from the 75-78 VWbus if you want to put this engine in that, you can have either firewall tin, but not both. This engine will also fit into the Porsche 912 years 1968,69 and 76. I do not know if the firewall tin is different.

Dual webers have been removed, but are avaliable at additional cost!
Exhaust and engine test stand NOT included in sale.

email me if you want other pics

As far as shipping, I am in Ohio, your options are
1 - you come get it
2 - I can deliver it for a fee based on distance
3 - you can arrange truck shipping, i can send you a link, but i will not arrange the shipping, you got to do it.
euro911
A price is required - World rules shades.gif
TA951
QUOTE(volkaholic @ Feb 12 2020, 01:49 AM) *

This is a real 1975-1976 Porsche 914 2 liter engine. It has the 3 bolt cylinder heads and the angled spark plugs that only came on this engine. The heads have 1/2" tube vents built into them. Top cylinder sheetmetal is specific for this engine. All of the fuel injection stuff was taken off at some point in the past. I got this on a pallet from CA. It had been in a 75-78 VW bus at some point, mileage unknown, then the engine was pulled out and put on a pallet and stored in warehouse for a number of years. I got it, cleaned it up top to bottom, blasted and powdercoated all the tin. It still has the original distributor, points and condenser. I tested the distributor to be sure it worked. The following work has been done.

oil changed to Valvoline 20W50 high zinc oil "made especially for flat tappet push rod engines"
valve adjusted
new bosch spark plugs
new spark wires
new fan belt
new valve cover gaskets
good used, tested, german thermostat
new thermostat cable
all engine tin blasted and powdercoated satin black
cast fan shroud blasted and powdercoated agate gray - to match Porsche 356 fan shrouds
1-2 side heater box sled is shown, but not installed since no heater boxes are installed, but it is included in the sale

This engine has all sheet metal to go into a Porsche 914. I also have the firewall tin from the 75-78 VWbus if you want to put this engine in that, you can have either firewall tin, but not both. This engine will also fit into the Porsche 912 years 1968,69 and 76. I do not know if the firewall tin is different.

Dual webers have been removed, but are avaliable at additional cost!
Exhaust and engine test stand NOT included in sale.

email me if you want other pics

As far as shipping, I am in Ohio, your options are
1 - you come get it
2 - I can deliver it for a fee based on distance
3 - you can arrange truck shipping, i can send you a link, but i will not arrange the shipping, you got to do it.

where in ohio
how much
todd 8633979104
Tdskip
$2900 on Samba
justme
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 12 2020, 02:47 PM) *

$2900 on Samba

have you run it or was it just cleaned up?

any motor health info??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.