Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: span band on side shifter transmission cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
63acornwall
How does this get fixed in place ? I dont understand the cotter pin ( as shown on the 914rubber part )

Cheers !
Coondog
Twist the cotter pin to tighten the bands.....I just threw mine in the trash and replaced with a large hose clamp. Total pain in the ass part but I have to admit it looked cool.
63acornwall
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 13 2020, 11:37 AM) *

Twist the cotter pin to tighten the bands.....I just threw mine in the trash and replaced with a large hose clamp. Total pain in the ass part but I have to admit it looked cool.

OK so its like opening a tin of corned beef ??
Coondog
QUOTE(63acornwall @ Feb 13 2020, 04:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 13 2020, 11:37 AM) *

OK so its like opening a tin of corned beef ??

Yes sir
rhodyguy
Stainless steel hose clamp from the hardware store. Less hassle.
dcecc1968
Agree with others.... I used the cotter-pin style original one and it was a pain to get it to stay on... and honestly, I check it everytime I'm under my 914 worried it will have fallen off, so i can replace with a worming clamp style.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that is neat that you still have the original. These days we are just using a large stainless hose clamp

QUOTE(63acornwall @ Feb 13 2020, 04:19 AM) *

How does this get fixed in place ? I dont understand the cotter pin ( as shown on the 914rubber part )

Cheers !

Mikey914
Our new ones come with instructions. It wraps over itself. Drop me a pm with your email and I'll send you a set.
Mark

Here's a pic
rhodyguy
One can loosen the SS version with a screw driver.
Mikey914
That's the easiest, but if it's been completey taken apart it may be less easy to understand how it goes back on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.