Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 ignition harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rikyrat
Help, I am so confused, so what is new.

What I am puzzled about, is 9 pin relay plug on the ignition harness.
I do not remember taking it out, when I disassembled it, I don't remember it being there, everything was placed in a separate bag.

I have looked at pictures of the harnesses that Jeff Bowlsby makes and there is no place for a relay on it
But his ignition harness diagram shows it and the pinouts.
Whats up with that?
Is it needed? If so, what is the part number for the relay.

I have the Bosch relay kit, which was in place when I removed the harness.
Does that replace it?

If anybody can shed some light on this I would be ecstatic.

Thanks in advanced
JeffBowlsby
Hi RR,

The 1.8L ignition harness is much diff than the Djet ign harness. It does require a big square plug that connects to the dual relay. The 2wire big red cable to the battery is also in that plug. The other half of the dual relay connects to a plug-in the Ljet FI harness.

I do not show photos of every harness I make But I do make Allred’s vine bay harnesses for each model year 914. There actually is aN NOS 1.8L Ignition harness photo down in the NOS harness gallery. Factory new that dual relay connector housing was not part of the harness, it has a separate part number.
Rikyrat
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Feb 13 2020, 06:31 PM) *

Hi RR,

The 1.8L ignition harness is much diff than the Djet ign harness. It does require a big square plug that connects to the dual relay. The 2wire big red cable to the battery is also in that plug. The other half of the dual relay connects to a plug-in the Ljet FI harness.

I do not show photos of every harness I make But I do make Allred’s vine bay harnesses for each model year 914. There actually is aN NOS 1.8L Ignition harness photo down in the NOS harness gallery. Factory new that dual relay connector housing was not part of the harness, it has a separate part number.

Thanks Jeff
Where do I find the part number for the relay. I have checked everywhere and can't seem to find one.
JeffBowlsby

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.