Dennis smile.gif
gulf908
bump
gulf908
bump - new price
gulf908
bump for new Easter price
stevegm
I’m interested. I have an original six, and need the relay board. Can you tell me the difference between the 4 and 6 relay board.
914bub
I'm no six expert but right away I see that the fuse holders are turned from the way they are on a 4 board and are spaced further apart. The board also holds only 2 relays as opposed to four since it doesn't need injection and fuel pump relays. Some of the plugs and locations are different as well
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914bub @ Apr 12 2020, 10:48 AM) *

I'm no six expert but right away I see that the fuse holders are turned from the way they are on a 4 board and are spaced further apart. The board also holds only 2 relays as opposed to four since it doesn't need injection and fuel pump relays. Some of the plugs and locations are different as well

agree.gif plus a 6cyl. and only the 6cyl. has the number 9681 molded into the surface.
stevegm
Thanks. That is very helpful.
IronHillRestorations
The 914-6 engine relay board has a socket for a "RPM Transducer" and the engine harness for a 6 has a 14 pin connector.

If you are using a later engine with an internally regulated alternator, and have alternately powered the fuel pump, you can get away without it, you have to change the 14 pin plug from female to male.

If you use and engine with MFI, having a 6 board is good because of the idle position solenoid on the MFI pump.
gulf908
Steve

pm your e mail for bigger pics and details

cheers
Dennis
gulf908
hi Steve

pm sent

Dennis
gulf908
another bump for a slow weekend

Dennis
JeffBowlsby
I also note that the /6 relay board has no provision for the rear window defrost harness to connect. So how does the wiring for /6s with rear window defrosters connect?
914Sixer
OK Jeff, where does it plug in. I see the relay slot.
aturboman
As I recall the 914-6 rear window defrost circuit partly runs through the main harness and the 14 pin plug on the relay board.

You add the relay on the relay board and then conenct the harness from the glass to the dash switch area which runs along the same path as the interior light.

My last 2 sixes both had heated rear windows and I believe this was how it was wired.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(aturboman @ Jun 9 2020, 11:38 AM) *

As I recall the 914-6 rear window defrost circuit partly runs through the main harness and the 14 pin plug on the relay board.

You add the relay on the relay board and then conenct the harness from the glass to the dash switch area which runs along the same path as the interior light.

My last 2 sixes both had heated rear windows and I believe this was how it was wired.

agree.gif
Robert has it right. All 6 harnesses were made for easy rear defrost install
ElCee
QUOTE(gulf908 @ Jun 9 2020, 08:53 AM) *

another bump for a slow weekend

Dennis

PM sent.
gulf908
sold !
thx Leen

cheers
Dennis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.