Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for Fuel Injector Hose Elbows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
For years, I've installed elbow style fuel injector hoses from Automobile Atlanta on my Type IV engines. (http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Fuel-Injector-Line-Elbow-Parts-PN-B043133387.html)I'm wondering if anyone knows of another source for these.

The reason I'm looking for another source is because I ordered these on Jan 24, but still haven't received them. I called last Monday and was told that AA actually makes these in house and that they would make sure to make me a set that day and ship them ASAP. When I still hadn't seen a shipping notice by Friday, I wrote AA and received a reply stating that I should not have been told that since they are out of stock and have no E.T.A. for new stock.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Feb 15 2020, 10:11 AM) *

For years, I've installed elbow style fuel injector hoses from Automobile Atlanta on my Type IV engines. (http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Fuel-Injector-Line-Elbow-Parts-PN-B043133387.html)I'm wondering if anyone knows of another source for these.

The reason I'm looking for another source is because I ordered these on Jan 24, but still haven't received them. I called last Monday and was told that AA actually makes these in house and that they would make sure to make me a set that day and ship them ASAP. When I still hadn't seen a shipping notice by Friday, I wrote AA and received a reply stating that I should not have been told that since they are out of stock and have no E.T.A. for new stock.

Have you tried looking here?

https://www.mrinjectorparts.com/
ThinAir
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Feb 15 2020, 11:19 AM) *

Have you tried looking here?

https://www.mrinjectorparts.com/

Thanks for this info! I had not run across this resource. I've always used Witch Hunter for my injector service, but it's nice to know of an alternative. MR has a similar hose kit to AA, but they aren't 90 degree elbows so they aren't quite what I'm looking for.
cary
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/f...for-porsche-914

The boys might have some AA inventory

Or Chris ...
http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessfuellines.htm
ThinAir
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 15 2020, 11:28 AM) *

It's funny - I had looked at 914Rubber just 5 minutes before you posted this and couldn't find these by looking through the fuel injection portion of the site. I'll give them a call to see if they are in-stock before I actually switch my order.
Mikey914
Showing 12 in stock.
We bought these from George, so the same. I'm guessing when we run out we will be out. I'll check to see if he can do more, if not I know I can, just was trying to work with AA on these.

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/f...for-porsche-914
ThinAir
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 15 2020, 11:34 AM) *

Showing 12 in stock.
We bought these from George, so the same. I'm guessing when we run out we will be out. I'll check to see if he can do more, if not I know I can, just was trying to work with AA on these.

Great! I just ordered 4 from you and cancelled the AA order.
brcacti
Hello, I am going to take my 914 in for FI check. Are you saying that there are replacement parts for the FI system on my car? Some say you must go to carburator system.
windforfun
QUOTE(brcacti @ Feb 15 2020, 10:49 AM) *

Hello, I am going to take my 914 in for FI check. Are you saying that there are replacement parts for the FI system on my car? Some say you must go to carburator system.

Plenty
brcacti
QUOTE(windforfun @ Feb 15 2020, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(brcacti @ Feb 15 2020, 10:49 AM) *

Plenty

Really that is great so why then do some change from FI to carbs?
Mikey914
More and more every day.
Carbs are the "easy" way out. They are technically simpler, but without a cam change you always end up playing with them. At least that's my experience on my 2.0.
I will be putting the FI system back on it..
brcacti
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 15 2020, 01:46 PM) *

More and more every day.
Carbs are the "easy" way out. They are technically simpler, but without a cam change you always end up playing with them. At least that's my experience on my 2.0.

Really, I did not know, so the FI is preferred over the carbs then I guess, I will take my car to experienced 914 people because I have bad smells running rich I think. I could start adjusting stuff like the air regulator but since I have had the car only 8 months wanted a pro to look it over and have his opinion and check this system.
rjames
Not sure how many ‘pros’ are out there. I think most of them are here.
Lots of knowledgeable people here that may be able to help you do it yourself.
brcacti
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 15 2020, 01:59 PM) *

Not sure how many ‘pros’ are out there. I think most of them are here.
Lots of knowledgeable people here that may be able to help you do it yourself.

The place I am taking it to was recommended from someone on here that lives in Phoenix, they actually work on 914s and that same person works there. If I remember it's exotic motorworks
brcacti
sorry it was competitive engineering in PHX, if you want look it up on google and read about it. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
Are these specialty elbows made of the newer ethanol safe rubber?

I need a set but have been hesitant because of our gas out here.

ThinAir
QUOTE(brcacti @ Feb 15 2020, 02:35 PM) *

sorry it was competitive engineering in PHX, if you want look it up on google and read about it. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Competition Engineering are top-notch folks. They did the machine work on my 914 the last time I overhauled it (and I proudly display their license plate frame on my rear bumper).

I don't know about their FI expertise since I've never had them do any, but if for any reason they don't seem up to it, I would try Stuttgart Southwest.

I agree with others who recommend FI over carbs. I've done the conversion back to FI myself on a tired 1.7L and you would have thought it was a new engine compared to the carbs. With FI you also don't have to worry about altitude adjustment when you come up here to Flagstaff. As others have said, there are more and more replacement parts being made by folks so parts isn't really a problem.

Everything you could ever want to know about DJet FI is here: https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/
ThinAir
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 15 2020, 02:45 PM) *

Are these specialty elbows made of the newer ethanol safe rubber?

I need a set but have been hesitant because of our gas out here.

I live in AZ where we have pretty much the same fuel that you do in NV. I've run these on my 914s and VW Bus for over 20 years and never had an issue with them.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we will have a large supply shortly, meaning next week
Amphicar770
QUOTE(brcacti @ Feb 15 2020, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 15 2020, 01:46 PM) *

More and more every day.

Really, I did not know, so the FI is preferred over the carbs then I guess, I will take my car to experienced 914 people because I have bad smells running rich I think. I could start adjusting stuff like the air regulator but since I have had the car only 8 months wanted a pro to look it over and have his opinion and check this system.

Bad smells, as in fuel smells are very bad. You do not want a fuel system fire.

If you have not already done so, you really want to check the fuel system lines from fuel tank, all the way back. 50 year old rubber, plastic and clamps are bound to fail.

I replaced everything on my 2.0 including upgrade to stainless lines, had the tank checked and sealed, new hoses with crimp connectors on injectors, all new rubber, etc.

FI is almost always superior to carbs on a 914. A well sorted FI system will run great. Many conversions were done when folks lacked understanding of how to properly repair and before resources like this forum provided superb support.

Learn to do as much work as you can on your own. Either that or have your checkbook handy.
brcacti
I agree, there are no leaks of gas from dripping under the car, seems to be running very rich
brcacti
I have an appointment with competitive engineering to look at the system
bretth
I actually experimented with taking sections of F.I. hose and slid them over a 3/16 or so aluminum rod bent into a hook on the end. Then i boiled some water and put the bend rod with hose on it into a soup can filled with the hot water. Let it sit in there overnight and the next day it seems to mostly hold it's shape. Haven't actually tried running it on the car like this yet but doesn't seem to kink the hose too much.
Mikey914
Molded rubber hose is not quite that easy. It’s actually molded in the curing process. Rubber has memory, so even if you get it into a curved shape, heat will cause it to relax back to its original shape. Can you use straight hose? Maybe.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 15 2020, 06:01 PM) *

we will have a large supply shortly, meaning next week

I will have a small supply shortly, meaning after next week
biggrin.gif
Amphicar770
QUOTE(brcacti @ Feb 15 2020, 11:12 PM) *

I agree, there are no leaks of gas from dripping under the car, seems to be running very rich

Sounds like you're doing the right thing getting it checked. Often times you will not see dripping, it is more like fuel weeping, vapors escaping through pinholes and cracks where it will evaporate before you ever see drips.

If you park it in garage overnight and smell fuel in the cabin the next morning, that should not be happening. Likewise, if you have an electronic AC sniffer, those are great for finding leaks.

You will find tons of great info here with lots of people willing to share expertise. Welcome to the club!
nordfisch
Hi,
you can use high-quality molded rubber hoses available at Mercedes-workshops.

Look at the upper picture - there is the part# A 201 476 22 26

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Regards
Norbert
brcacti
In an effort to be more educated on all this am I correct in assuming that no 914 owner needs to change to carbs now as all the parts for the FI systems are available to fix any and all of the FI parts ?
mepstein
QUOTE(brcacti @ Feb 17 2020, 01:38 PM) *

In an effort to be more educated on all this am I correct in assuming that no 914 owner needs to change to carbs now as all the parts for the FI systems are available to fix any and all of the FI parts ?

No. Most of the FI system is still only available used but for many, the trouble of chasing down parts and keeping them up is still preferable to carbs. Just throwing carbs on an engine still can be less than desirable if you don't change the cam.

GregAmy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 17 2020, 01:52 PM) *

No. Most of the FI system is still only available used but for many, the trouble of chasing down parts and keeping them up is still preferable to carbs. Just throwing carbs on an engine still can be less than desirable if you don't change the cam.

I tend to agree. Some examples (subject to corrections from the penny gallery):

- ECU: used only, but these rarely fail
- Injectors: used only, and/or send to RCInjection for testing/cleaning
- Fuel pump: alternatives available
- Aux air regulator: used only, but I removed mine and just blip the throttle for 2-3 minutes on start up until it idles on it own
- Cold Start Valve and switch: I personally never use it (and disabled it) as it only functions below freezing and I don't drive the 914 when iot's that cold...
- IAT: available? Rarely goes bad
- CHT: probably used? But decent examples out there.
- Decel valve: available used
- TPS: new repro boards available
- MPS: rebuild kits available (and they can now be tuned)
- Wiring harness: repros available
- Relay board: repaired/restored versions becoming more and more available
- Distributor/contact points/Djet points: replace it with a 1-2-3 distributor

Now, a lot of this stuff isn't CHEAP, mind you, but it's available. And while the stock EFI doesn't tolerate engine modifications, if you're running a stock engine then the original EFI is the more-driveable way to go.
Mikey914
We got the CHTs, so one less thing. I am trying to make anything that we need to keep these cars running, as the FI is a way better alternative for the cash. As long as it's not stupid expensive.
brcacti
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 17 2020, 01:09 PM) *

We got the CHTs, so one less thing. I am trying to make anything that we need to keep these cars running, as the FI is a way better alternative for the cash. As long as it's not stupid expensive.

Great that you are doing that, making more parts available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.