Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird one.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Here is a weird one......I filled my '73 2.0 last weekend for first time in a while and drove around and then home. Next day late noticed gas dripping from under front of car. I had relocated my fuel pump up front next to steering rack years ago. So being late I figure I can siphon the gas into cans next morning. Well, gas tank was bone dry by then. Over ten gallons of gas down the drain (literally). So I jack car up and take off skid pan were everything is and get a light and do an inspection....see nothing noticeable. I start pouring in gas to see where it will leak from....first a gallon, then another, then another and still no leak? I have my son start car while I am under it and still no leak! Will some one please explain this to me?
Thank you very much.
gg
mepstein
Maybe a cracked hose that swelled shut. I would pull the tank, check it over carefully and replace all the rubber hose.
rhodyguy
It was bone dry the next day? Is the new fuel still in the tank? Look down the tank with a flashlight. Put a catch basin under the tank and check hourly. The gas stench must have been incredible. How old are the hoses?
second wind
Hoses maybe 3-4 years old. Did complete fuel system overhaul. It was cold that night but so what? The hoses look really good now. Flexible and tight. I guess I will put more gas in and drive it and see what happens? Nothing like a little fire to make your day, eh?What is the methonol proof hose? R 232? or something? Some said fuel injection hose is the answer. I thought I just did that? I will keep updating post. Thank you very much !!
gg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.