Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NLA gaskets - Need suggestions and pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I plan to make in small quantity the alternator backing plate and taco plate cover gaskets. Depending on the gasket size I may be able to make added gaskets on the same layout.

What gaskets are needed that are not available or only available in a complete set?
The first run will be from 1/16 paper Vellumoid material.
They will be cut on a computer plotter which may have material thickness limitations.
Pictures of the gaskets with a ruler for relative size will be helpful.
cary
Porsche has the oil temp sender cover gaskets for $3.10. Don't know if its Porsche Classic new or new found old stock.
bdstone914
@cary
Porsche has the oil temp sender cover gaskets for $3.10. Don't know if its Porsche Classic new or new found old stock.
[/quote]

Thanks Cary, I found they are carried by Pelican and others. Price varies but they are under $5.
Trying to find some gaskets to cut while making the alternator backing plate gaskets as the material inside of it would go to waste. Maybe the oils sump plate since they are more likely to get changes more often.
Mikey914

Bruce we could work with you on these if you want. It's a part we planned to make when we do the plastic air ducting ring.

Mark
bdstone914
@Mikey914 date='Feb 17 2020, 02:14 PM' post='2786734']
Bruce we could work with you on these if you want. It's a part we planned to make when we do the plastic air ducting ring.

Mark
[/quote]

Mark,

I can send you a gasket sample. Not a big market or demand but I think it helps elevate the cover from the positive post to prevent arcing. It wold be good to include with the alternater harness since you have to remove the cover to install the harness.
I made one by hand for my own alternator.
There are two variations of the plastic ring and alternator front plate. Not sure where each is used. I have samples of the front plates but only one style of the ring.

Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.