Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New CHT install question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Has anyone had this issue installing a Dakota Digital CHT gauge?
Red and yellow wires are connected, as are ground and power wires as instructed in directions.

Any thoughts or ideas? I went thru their trouble shooting , this issue is not addressed

Phil
SirAndy
Is that with the engine running or engine off?

popcorn[1].gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 16 2020, 07:31 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

blink.gif confused24.gif , but seriously, yes engine on , drove yesterday about 10 miles, but was showing about 65 which is about what the temp outside was
billh1963
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 16 2020, 07:54 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

blink.gif confused24.gif , but seriously, yes engine on , drove yesterday about 10 miles, but was showing about 65 which is about what the temp outside was

Fahrenheit or Celsius? Yes..should obviously be higher than that even if Celsius but could be a starting point.

Also, which cylinder are you using? Do you have the sensor that goes "under" the spark plug?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 16 2020, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 16 2020, 07:54 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Fahrenheit or Celsius? Yes..should obviously be higher than that even if Celsius but could be a starting point.

Also, which cylinder are you using? Do you have the sensor that goes "under" the spark plug?

Yes, under the #3 plug.
billh1963
Per the troubleshooting guide, my money is on a loose or bad connection:

https://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/odyr-11.pdf

michael7810
The extension wire can be installed backwards and it won’t work properly. There is a specific end that goes on the sensor and the other side on the gauge.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Feb 16 2020, 08:39 PM) *

The extension wire can be installed backwards and it won’t work properly. There is a specific end that goes on the sensor and the other side on the gauge.

Thanks for the pointer and you hit it on the head. Even thought I have the wires connected yellow to yellow and red to red, that appears to in this case be backward and therefore it was only reading ambient temp not the head temp, switched the wires around at gauge, and I now have correct temp displaying.

Thanks Michael
Porschef
You will really appreciate that gauge, I hadn’t seen your post till now. Very accurate, and works well in conjunction with a wide band AFR.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.