Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: porsche 914 2.0 full set powdercoated engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
volkaholic
$800 This is a real 1975-1976 Porsche 914 2 liter engine tin. It has the 3 bolt cylinder heads and the angled spark plugs that only came on this engine. CYLINDER TINS FIT THESE HEADS ONLY! The spark plug holes are in a different place than all other type iv heads! Top cylinder sheetmetal is specific for this engine!

This engine has all sheet metal to go into a Porsche 914, including the fan shroud + the firewall tin
You get everything show, 25 parts + all new engine tins screws to install it all.
All parts are OEM used German except the #3 cylinder surround which someone made, it fits, it works, i'm fine with it.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE CLAIMED THIS IS NOT 914, WELL WHAT CAN I SAY, THE ENGINE CODE ON THE BLOCK IS 75-76 914, IT HAD FI, IT HAS 3 BOLT HEADS, IT HAS ANGLED SPARK PLUGS! now, is it possible that some one put 914 engine in a bus, a 411 or a 912, and then mixed in some other tins? yeah sure, so maybe some of the tin is different, but you got to have these cylinder tins for these heads.

The following work has been done.
good used, tested, german thermostat included
new thermostat cable included
fan included
alternator included
new fan belt included
all engine tin blasted and powdercoated satin black
cast fan shroud blasted and powdercoated agate gray - to match Porsche 356 fan shrouds

price is $800 plus shipping, i use paypal
bdstone914
That is not a complete tin set. Also the passenger top tin has been chopped for AC. Most of the pieces in the bottom row and the one in the upper right corner are not 914 parts.
You are missing the long two piece tin that goes under and in front of the fan housing. Warm air guides and one J tube are missing.
914Sixer
Looks like 912E to me.
Nacho
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 16 2020, 10:11 PM) *

That is not a complete tin set. Also the passenger top tin has been chopped for AC. Most of the pieces in the bottom row and the one in the upper right corner are not 914 parts.
You are missing the long two piece tin that goes under and in front of the fan housing. Warm air guides and one J tube are missing.

My guess was VW Bus or VW 411

-Nacho
bdstone914
@914Sixer post='2786630' date='Feb 17 2020, 07:48 AM']
Looks like 912E to me.
[/quote]

Some parts may be 912e
Maybe. This is 912e tin.
Tdskip
I think this guy has a 912e engine that he's been trying to sell.
914Sixer
Bruce photo shows me wrong. So we know it is NOT 914 or 912E. Leaves only 411/412 or VW Bus
bdstone914
@914Sixer date='Feb 17 2020, 06:21 PM' post='2786811']
Bruce photo shows me wrong. So we know it is NOT 914 or 912E. Leaves only 411/412 or VW Bus
[/quote]

I think it may be a mixture. The rear vertical tin is 914. The drivers top tin seems to have an extension I have not seen.
Tdskip
This dirt bag is trying to sell these on Facebook and claimed there were no posts here raising issues.

Basically he is a scammer at this point.

@ Eric_Shea - this guy should go.
volkaholic
guys, the engine is a 914, i checked the number on the case, trust me, it is a 75-76 914, it had FI, it has the 3 bolt heads, only came on 2 liter 914, not bus, not 912, not 411,
volkaholic
there, i updated the ad, i think you guy are being a little critical
mepstein
QUOTE(volkaholic @ Feb 24 2020, 03:03 PM) *

there, i updated the ad, i think you guy are being a little critical

Ad is still very misleading.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.