Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 wheel alignment recommendations in South Orange County CA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
Anyone have 4 wheel alignment recommendations in South Orange County California?
Now that Hergesheimer's shut down, I am looking for another close to home alignment shop for our cars. I called Vision Motorsports and they said they don't work on 914's. WTF.gif bs.gif
burton73
I had my 928 done by Greg Browns master alinement guy.

They have a brand-new super trick rack and Greg Brown is known as the 928 Guru on the west coast if not in all the USA. He has all kings of super trick cars in his shop

They have a truly incredible set up and your car will be in the right place. Close to big A

Bob B

Precision Motorwerks

Where Precision Creates Performance
Office 714 879 9072
Fax 714 526 6002
Email: Info@precisionmtrwerks.com

Mailing Address
1623 N. O'Donnell Way, #A Orange, CA 92867
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 09:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday

bye1.gif
burton73
I posted twice he is so good

Also Greg has a ZZ Top beard
Steve
Thanks!! I will give them a call!!
infraredcalvin
To your point, I’ve heard good things about Precision, another may be an old school shop in Fullerton used to do a lot of Porsche’s, Lee & Sons, on Harbor, just north of the 91. I saw a 70s 911 there the other day, and always has hot rods in and out of there. They’re friendly and have great so cal car scene history.

Vision is a good shop, they help me with mine only because I’ve had them do so much to my 930. In all honesty though, they really don’t know 914s, I typically know more than they do... not sure I would want that working on my car.

When my race car goes in for a tech inspection they all gather around to look at the ancient tech - I suppose it is, look around the shop!

Click to view attachment

burton73
Pictures of Gregs Browns rack.

My understanding is he has a special Guru that comes to his place to use the new rack for the alignment. Price was very good on my 928 for alignment

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Feb 18 2020, 07:46 PM) *

To your point, I’ve heard good things about Precision, another may be an old school shop in Fullerton used to do a lot of Porsche’s, Lee & Sons, on Harbor, just north of the 91. I saw a 70s 911 there the other day, and always has hot rods in and out of there. They’re friendly and have great so cal car scene history.

Vision is a good shop, they help me with mine only because I’ve had them do so much to my 930. In all honesty though, they really don’t know 914s, I typically know more than they do... not sure I would want that working on my car.

When my race car goes in for a tech inspection they all gather around to look at the ancient tech - I suppose it is, look around the shop!

The only one at Vision, for sure that knows 914s, is Dwayne, the owner. He actual said he would only work on mine as a result of knowing him for 30 years and having him work on it when I first bought the car, otherwise they don't like taking them in.
Steve
I just think it’s funny. I only want them to do an alignment. The only thing alignment wise that is 914 is the rear suspension.
Cairo94507
What do you mean? You don't have the front of your car aligned? They are able to aligned. beerchug.gif
914Toy
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 19 2020, 12:28 PM) *

I just think it’s funny. I only want them to do an alignment. The only thing alignment wise that is 914 is the rear suspension.

PM'd
Gmanscott55
Steve,

Dave's Alignment in Huntington Beach did mine after installing Elephant racing suspension items.

Check it out...

Click to view attachment

drem914
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 18 2020, 08:47 AM) *

Now that Hergesheimer's shut down, I am looking for another close to home alignment shop for our cars.

Hergesheimer's shut down? confused24.gif

When did that happen?
914_teener
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 19 2020, 12:28 PM) *

Most cars can be aligned on a level concrete pad, string...framing square. I have toe plated I got pn Amazon and a digital angle finder to check the castor.

The problem with your car could be what should the baseline spec be?

So hence...lot of time on the rack playing with it tryig to figure that out.

I.d do it myself if I were you.
Steve
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 19 2020, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 18 2020, 08:47 AM) *

Now that Hergesheimer's shut down, I am looking for another close to home alignment shop for our cars.

Hergesheimer's shut down? confused24.gif

When did that happen?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...rt-closing.html
I got the same letter from Laura Hergesheimer
Larmo63
Holley's in San Clemente.
MM1
West End Alignment
18008 S Vermont Ave, Gardena, CA 90248

A bit of a drive - yes

All the "drivers" here at Honda R&D Americas in Torrance go to West End Alignment for their personal cars for corner balancing/alignment - even the guys who are affiliated
with the race team (and, therefore, have access to the most advanced technology available).

Old school techniques.Click to view attachment
MM1
Wish I could be as laconic as Lawrence, though wink.gif
Steve
Thanks guys!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.