Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 1.8 engine pic (installed)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
911GT2
For reference I'm looking for an original 1.8 engine picture. I tried searching this site and google, but can't seem to find an original spec engine picture. Also the owners manual only has the 2.0 in it.

Hopefully someone can help me out.
JeffBowlsby
There should be some nice 1.8L's n here:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Exceptional914s.htm
914werke
Great reference Jeff but not too easy to navigate for a specific item (like 1.8 mtr image)
I was drawn to ths thread since I was also looking for an image showing the 1.8L intake hard line I am seeking.
It shows in pet but Im finding the part quite elusive.
davep
What part is that?
914werke
LINK
wonkipop
74 1.8, built Jan 74 - charcoal cannister mounting position at rear of engine bay.

original apart from installation of high pressure fuel filter (silver cylinder) mounted off deacceleration valve bracket. decal valve has been replaced by a dummied in fuel pressure regulator. this was a "fix" by the original owner back in the 70s/early 80s and an emission cheat probably. i've left it alone as it works well.

there is contrary information around on the plumbing of the charcoal cannister for a 1.8.
this plumbing is original.

hope this helps.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
StarBear
Also have an original setup, but don't know what "MTR" means. Wonkipop has good photos. Can take a closeup of a particular spot for you if I know what spot.
wonkipop
think mtr is abbrev for motor starbear.

i noticed link in thread above and looked.
think 914werke is after a part that is in 75 1.8.
looks like they do not have the straight flex hose from case vent valve to air feed tube from aircleaner. some extra stuff in there we don't have?

beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(wonkipop @ May 10 2021, 07:42 PM) *

74 1.8, built Jan 74 - charcoal cannister mounting position at rear of engine bay.

original apart from installation of high pressure fuel filter (silver cylinder) mounted off deacceleration valve bracket. decal valve has been replaced by a dummied in fuel pressure regulator. this was a "fix" by the original owner back in the 70s/early 80s and an emission cheat probably. i've left it alone as it works well.

there is contrary information around on the plumbing of the charcoal cannister for a 1.8.

hope this helps.

The two big hoses on the charcoal canister are hooked up backwards. The fan end should go in the same location as the small vapor line from the tank. The other end should go to the air cleaner.

That is supposed to push air through the charcoal canister and take the vapors with it into the air cleaner.

Clay
wonkipop
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 25 2021, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ May 10 2021, 07:42 PM) *

hope this helps.

The two big hoses on the charcoal canister are hooked up backwards. The fan end should go in the same location as the small vapor line from the tank. The other end should go to the air cleaner.

That is supposed to push air through the charcoal canister and take the vapors with it into the air cleaner.

Clay

thanks mr. p - been through this with mr. b.

layout in pic is for a 74 1.8 with can in engine bay.

bigger discussion in this thread.
assumptions can plumbing stayed consistent through production run tested by indications to the contrary.

a few other 1.8s around with original engine bays are consistent with above photo as well.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=347951

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.