Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
kmwvmarip
For Sale--1971 Porsche 914
Photos Link
(More available if interested/serious)

Delivery option available--I own a truck/car trailer and can deliver within reasonable distance. Terms to be negotiable.

129,168 on odo.

A survivor!

Very original, very clean two owner car available for sale.
Always garaged--people say it, this is the truth.
Amazing platform for restoration.
Has all paperwork and receipts from services and parts purchases spanning back to 1971. Only missing original window sticker and engine install paperwork. Engine paperwork could possibly be found.
Around 10k on installed engine in 1989.
Currently not running, however I believe minimal work needed to get engine running.
Many NOS packaged parts included in sale to bring up to spec.

---Details---

Exterior
Always garaged 914 with minimal surface rust.
Body in very good condition; my Dad never drove it in the rain. California car.
A few door dings and garage bonks; but still looks fantastic for a car this age. Car looks half it's age at least.
Repaint in 1984 is in great shape to stock color. Reciepts available.
Typical 914 battery tray rusted through, along with hell-hole rust, but frame in good condition; very sound chassis.
Have original 1971 steel wheels and hubcaps that were sold with car.

Interior
Dash is original and has no cracks.
Carpet in very good condition.
Seat leather is in fantastic shape with small rip at stitching where you enter the car.
Otherwise all is very pristine.

Motor
Fuel injected
Non-matching number crate engine replaced original in 1989.
Paperwork missing, but Dad believes engine is “bigger than the original 1.7L.” (Seems like the only paperwork missing besides original bill of sale, sadly...)

Additional Details
914 has many parts to come with the sale. My father purchased items ranging from transaxles, bearings, and many other parts for pre-emptive maintenance and restoration including full shop manuals. I have not compiled a list, but will include links to pictures if serious and interested.
Car has not run for 16 years, though engine has around 10k miles on it. Needed a fuel pump which has been purchased but not installed. Engine turned over at last attempt.
Stainless fuel lines installed. Fuel lines replaced. New seals at injectors. List of what work has been done to car available pending serious inquiry.

Reasons for Selling
Like many of these projects, life has gotten in the way and it has gotten lower on the priority list. It is time to let Dad’s car go.

Contact
Karl McCollom
(209) 769-5781 cell/text
Unpretentious
Had dinner with Karl and his family at their home last summer and “checked out” his car. It’s even cleaner in person than it looks in the photos. He has “lots” of NOS parts to go with it. I believe he’s got everything you need to put it back on the road.

He’s a “straight up guy.” He’ll honestly answer any questions you have.
kmwvmarip
Bump.
kmwvmarip
Car sale lost steam due to COVID pandemic.
Reposting.

Craigers17
It might just be me, but I don't think your "photos" link is working.
dp935
yep- Link is a no-go.....
kmwvmarip
Oof. Sorry about the link--

Should be fixed now. If not, please let me know. Sorry for the digi-drama.
oildrips
Still available?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.