Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door jamb decal and others educate me in the MY differences
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Ok so it sucks that my original door jamb sticker is gone, it was in the center console and later but it in the manual for safe keeping I thought , but now I ned the replacement since it appears I will not find it. and while I am at it, I would like to get these put in if possible before Amelia.

so for a 1975 MY car, where do they all go? Looks like AASE and AA have some or most of these.

I need the expansion tank sticker , door jamb decal with vin and date code_ btw is the date code on that sticker the same as my car's completion mfg date on the COA
9/15/75 is my cars birthdate -?

and where does the tire pressure decal go?

Phil
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have exact replicas but unpunched. 10 bucks. There is a place in canada that makes and punches them but they charge 125

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 19 2020, 06:49 AM) *

Ok so it sucks that my original door jamb sticker is gone, it was in the center console and later but it in the manual for safe keeping I thought , but now I ned the replacement since it appears I will not find it. and while I am at it, I would like to get these put in if possible before Amelia.

so for a 1975 MY car, where do they all go? Looks like AASE and AA have some or most of these.

I need the expansion tank sticker , door jamb decal with vin and date code_ btw is the date code on that sticker the same as my car's completion mfg date on the COA

Phil

douglastic
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 19 2020, 09:07 AM) *

we have exact replicas but unpunched. 10 bucks. There is a place in canada that makes and punches them but they charge 125

Where would someone go to get an unpunched decal punched correctly?
sholman5
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 19 2020, 08:49 AM) *

Phil

Tire pressure decal goes on the expansion tank. Atleast it does on my 73.
914_7T3
This proof is from a set of '73 decals that were custom made at Car Bone Liveries. Type-o in the panit code decal was corrected. If you have the correct specs, they will make a one-off set for you.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have all of those stickers in stock, all less than ten each, have a couple of hundred of each for sure.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 19 2020, 02:36 PM) *

we have all of those stickers in stock, all less than ten each, have a couple of hundred of each for sure.

Who can punch the door jamb sticker though George? I have one other question for you about the color of one of them. Yours is green anothe vender has same one in different color
eric9144
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 19 2020, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 19 2020, 02:36 PM) *

Who can punch the door jamb sticker though George? I have one other question for you about the color of one of them. Yours is green anothe vender has same one in different color

@SoCalAndy was doing them for a while, and they were 100% spot on. I bought two as insurance in case I ever had to replace mine.
DickSteinkamp

Yours is green another vender has same one in different color

Here is my original 76 (California car)...

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Feb 19 2020, 07:34 PM) *

Yours is green another vender has same one in different color

Here is my original 76 (California car)...

Click to view attachment

That’s what mine looked like - also is. 09/75 build dates- 9/15/1975 to be exact.
The green sticker I am think of on AA site is a different sticker , tire pressure I think, I’ll have to look
bbrock
Jeff Bowlsby has the best reference for decals and placement: http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 19 2020, 04:51 PM) *

That’s what mine looked like - also is. 09/75 build dates- 9/15/1975 to be exact.

Seems like a September build would be a 76 model year car.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Feb 19 2020, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 19 2020, 04:51 PM) *

Seems like a September build would be a 76 model year car.

As yes except for cars special ordered. Mine was ordered before that. VIN is 75 ,
Car was delivered to owner in October here is a pic of window sticker
BENBRO02
I bought a punched door jamb sticker from Car-bone.pl in Poland for $77 a few year ago..
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Feb 19 2020, 10:07 PM) *

I bought a punched door jamb sticker from Car-bone.pl in Poland for $77 a few year ago..

Price now is $89 I think , I have it in my cart, will be punched and they show a completion of 2-3 days then shipped out, so maybe I can still get it before 2 weeks from now
Tbrown4x4
NVM sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.