Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hunziker 50 Year Poster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Got my 50 year poster today from Claus Moeller a member of the German Porsche 914-6-club.
Claus was in contact with Nicolas Hunziker, the swiss artist in California.He persuade him to create a artwork to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 914. This year Claus' dream came true and his club could buy his original artwork, painted acryl on canvas.

The poster is 33". x 46 1/2"and a real beauty. Now the hard part, finding a place to display it

IPB Image
billh1963
That is fantastic! Are prints being offered?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 21 2020, 04:29 AM) *

That is fantastic! Are prints being offered?

Check the original post:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=342007&hl=

Also, checktheHunziker web site:
shophuniziker.com
raynekat
I got both of the 40 and 50 year posters.
They are off getting foam core applied to the back so I can hang them in the garage.
They look awesome in person.
Very, very colorful.
And just cool.
jim_hoyland
I just bought a large sheet of foam board to mount the poster; hadn’t noticed it before, but the poster is a limited edition print at 500
burton73
Nice job printing on nice coated stock both sides. In my OldMan-cave shop

This is a big poster

Bob BClick to view attachment
mepstein
You can get cheap frames at Walmart and similar places for ~$25.
siverson
Cool. I'd like one too if a line is forming... smile.gif

-Steve
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 24 2020, 02:51 PM) *

This is a big poster

I was thinking the same thing; I'm going to have a high-res pic shot and then print at regular poster size. This poster is a little big for me.
eric9144
QUOTE(siverson @ Feb 24 2020, 04:17 PM) *

-Steve

Same here if they're still availible
abes914
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Feb 24 2020, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(siverson @ Feb 24 2020, 04:17 PM) *

-Steve

Same here if they're still availible

not sure if he still have some ready to be shipped but reply to the link below and good luck

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...342007&st=0
PanelBilly
I got mine. Now to find a frame
DRPHIL914
[quote name='jim_hoyland' date='Feb 24 2020, 02:35 PM' post='2788748']
I just bought a large sheet of foam board to mount the poster; hadn’t noticed it before, but the poster is a limited edition print at 500
[/quote

i think mine is 214. Cool. going to have to be custom framed due to the size,

PanelBilly
[quote name='DRPHIL914' date='Feb 26 2020, 04:40 AM' post='2789245']
[quote name='jim_hoyland' date='Feb 24 2020, 02:35 PM' post='2788748']
[/quote

i think mine is 214. Cool. going to have to be custom framed due to the size,
[/quote]

Use an oversized frame with custom cut mat and save $
pete000
PM sent, would love to get both of these great posters if any are left...
billh1963
Anyone care to share where they found frames for this size (A0) poster?
911GT2
Click to view attachment
I've put mine in a click frame, looks ace!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 19 2020, 12:22 PM) *

Anyone care to share where they found frames for this size (A0) poster?

Any good frame shop that is willing to sell you the frame+ backing+ glass (most are not) should be under $100. Online I priced at $275 to $375 p/u in store (like Michael's arts + crafts). I bought all sorts of large sizes for $55 to $65 including glass (did my own dry mount) from:
Quick Frames. in L.A. quickframes@outlook.com
Frames ship easy, then just buy your glass and foam-back local.
burton73
I like this poster as my 914-6 #41 was built in 1969 You guys are fancy. I just used push pins at the outer edge so in case I want to frame in the future. I just wanted it up so it would not get lost

Bob B

confused24.gif Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 24 2020, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 24 2020, 02:51 PM) *

This is a big poster

I was thinking the same thing; I'm going to have a high-res pic shot and then print at regular poster size. This poster is a little big for me.

I don't have the dimensions in front of me right now but my recollection is that they are a bit oversize and any readily available frame will not fit the dimensions.
Unless.... you are willing to accept plastic instead of glass.
I've got both posters and want to frame ....? anyone ?
orthobiz
I had both of mine professionally framed for around 800 bucks. Not cheap but they are way cool.

Paul
billh1963
The size is A0.....around 33 x46 inches

I've found a few frames that size for around $100 but didn't like the look
Rob-O
I used American Frame (.com). You can choose all kinds of different frame profiles. The one I chose is a Nielsen profile. I use the same one for most of my garage posters. I took the poster to Michaels for dry mounting to foam core ($70). I’m sure Hobby Lobby would’ve been cheaper but they weren’t open because of Covid-19. The poster after mounting on foam core was 33 and 1/8 x 46 and 13/16. The frame was ~ $110 shipped. Still waiting for the frame to get here. Once it does I’ll grab glass from the hardware store.

I agree with the other, this poster is big. Mine is #237 out of 500.
kid914
Are these still available?
Rob-O
Contact Claus. When I bought mine he said that he had a limited supply sent to the US so he wasn’t sending them one or two at a time from Europe. I think his friend is holding them in FL if I remember correctly. It was packaged superbly.

@towarish
SKL1
Another shout out to Claus- can't remember what number mine is but it will sure look good on the garage wall!!
Rob-O
Finally got mine framed. Don’t mind the water pumper in the foreground. The electrical socket next to the poster should give you some reference as to how big this poster is...

larryM
PM sent

Cairo94507
Yeah, I sent a PM too. I would like one of those. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.