Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Hose Openings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jim C
I don't have heat installed in my 76 2.0 (south Texas don't you know). Are there plugs available to close off the two holes beside the engine where the heater blower hoses go or is it best they remain unplugged?
Steve
QUOTE(Jim C @ Feb 21 2020, 06:50 AM) *

I don't have heat installed in my 76 2.0 (south Texas don't you know). Are there plugs available to close off the two holes beside the engine where the heater blower hoses go or is it best they remain unplugged?

I just use a piece of rubber and a hose clamp. You want to plug the holes to prevent critters from entering. I also got oil smell in the cabin when the holes were unplugged.
bbrock
You'll find what you need here:

http://914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=342444
DRPHIL914
If it were me I’d plug them to keep the vermin out.

At least the openings to the air tubes in the longs.
Rob-O
I think he’s asking about plugging the hole in the heater tins. Is that correct, Jim?

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Feb 21 2020, 09:54 AM) *

I think he’s asking about plugging the hole in the heater tins. Is that correct, Jim?

ah makes sense, - a cap over those holes if you have all the other heater apparatus under the car in place, If not and the J-tubes etc are removed then just cap them at the longs, otherwise cap the holes in the to p of the tin, I think a spray can lid is the correct size for the long tube.

Phil
Jim C
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Feb 21 2020, 08:54 AM) *

Yes, in the tins where the hoses connect to the heat exchangers and run to the blower..
BeatNavy
QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 21 2020, 09:52 AM) *

Yup.

As mentioned in that thread, I use these to cap off the j-tubes:
IPB Image

I think it's a 1.5 inch pipe cap, easily found at all Home Depots, Lowes, etc.

I still have heat, but If find that the blower motor adds more clutter to engine bay relative to the actual value it provides. If I want a blast of heat, I downshift smile.gif
rfinegan

Yes, I find the tops of spray paint caps fit fine and a little duct tape or oem hose clamp worked fro me...

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 21 2020, 06:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Feb 21 2020, 09:54 AM) *

ah makes sense, - a cap over those holes if you have all the other heater apparatus under the car in place, If not and the J-tubes etc are removed then just cap them at the longs, otherwise cap the holes in the to p of the tin, I think a spray can lid is the correct size for the long tube.

Phil

porschetub
Nothing I have ever seen,my last build was for headers only so I just cut some circles out of zinc panel steel and pop riveted them on...looked neat enough.
Its a good move to stop the engine sucking in exhaust heat ,the 914 engine bay is designed to be pretty well sealed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.