Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Crankshaft/Flywheel Shim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
motorvated
I don't know if my local Porsche dealer can get me one of these shims, and I thought I had sourced one from AutoAtlanta, but when my shipment arrived, it wasn't included and the Invoice simply stated that it was unavailable. It's for setting end float on a 2.0 liter Type IV engine. Anyone have one I can buy?
TheCabinetmaker
Have some. I'll look tonight for what size l have left.
Dominic
QUOTE(motorvated @ Feb 23 2020, 06:38 AM) *

I don't know if my local Porsche dealer can get me one of these shims, and I thought I had sourced one from AutoAtlanta, but when my shipment arrived, it wasn't included and the Invoice simply stated that it was unavailable. It's for setting end float on a 2.0 liter Type IV engine. Anyone have one I can buy?

Looks like European Motorworks still carries flywheel shims:

https://www.europeanmotorworks.com/pvw/021-...heel+Shim+.36mm
charlesmac
I got some from Gansmann Industries a while back. Great guy to deal with! Looks like his website is under construction but he may be able to get you what you need by contacting him.
www.thegansmann.com
motorvated
Thanks guys. I just got one from evw.com, but it's good to know there are other sources for these as well. Now I can confirm that the end float is within spec, install the rear main seal, flywheel seal, flywheel, felt washer, bolt plate, and bolts and continue with the build of my 2.0 liter. Finding the shim held me up for a couple of weeks, and now I can get back at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.