Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OUCH!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well they are delivering the 914s back from the 50th display today at Porsche Headquarters, and although it is covered transportation, it is raining!!!! Hopefully we can get them under shelter and dried pronto!Click to view attachment

(I took this one with my phone upright and perfectly straight, and it still posted sideways!!!!!!!!!!!!)
DickSteinkamp
Click to view attachment

The same happens with my iPhone. If I want to post any pic I take portrait, I have to down load to my Mac, open it in "Preview", correct the orientation, then save and post.

(Where's Tim Cook when we need him? WTF.gif )
Unobtanium-inc
The other easy trick for this if you open any pic in preview and slightly crop it it gets saved in the orientation of which you are looking at it, so it won't flip when you upload it to a forum.
911GT2
It's a car, I think it can handle a little rain no?
Johny Blackstain
Leaf blower George... the only way to dry a 914 properly/completely. Wash it, use a shammy & then hit it hard & everywhere with a leaf blower shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
more rain!Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Feb 24 2020, 08:17 AM) *
The same happens with my iPhone. If I want to post any pic I take portrait, I have to down load to my Mac, open it in "Preview", correct the orientation, then save and post.
(Where's Tim Cook when we need him? WTF.gif )

The iPhone doesn't actually save images as portrait, it saves them as landscape and then embeds meta data that tells you how the image should be rotated for display.

Our board software does not have any provision for reading that meta data and rotating images accordingly, hence why they show up here the way they do.
dry.gif

Chris914n6
Just take pictures with the phone sideways like you are supposed too... smile.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 24 2020, 11:44 AM) *

Just take pictures with the phone sideways like you are supposed too... smile.gif

agree.gif But the smart button has to be on your right when taking a picture. Then you won’t have to rotate.
rgalla9146
What's next George ?
Post pictures of what you had for breakfast ?
Use the 914Club site for your personal face book.
rgalla9146
Always.......always with the self promotion or braggadocia
KELTY360
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 24 2020, 04:55 PM) *

What's next George ?

av-943.gif
Rand
He has 914club.com
Do your stuff there, Geo. We don't like it here.
jmitro
damn that's harsh!
I don't see any self promotion
boxstr
Seriously, what’s up with the bullying. It’s about the 914.
Craig
sb914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 24 2020, 06:07 PM) *

Seriously, what’s up with the bullying. It’s about the 914.
Craig

agree.gif
DickSteinkamp
Posting a picture of some beautiful 914s seems more on point for this forum than chastising someone for posting a picture of some beautiful 914s.

If you don't want to see posts from a member here, click on "My Controls" at the top of the page, then "Manage Ignored Users" on the left side of the page. Problem solved (for everyone)
Larmo63
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 24 2020, 04:53 PM) *

What's next George ?

Rain makes for slippery Porsches...

Click to view attachment

Sprout
Sorry, George, for all the childish comments from a few. Thanks for the post, and for loaning your beautiful cars to the museum for all to see!
Larmo63
Judging by the PMs I've received about my above post, there are a LOT of folks here who are as just as "childish"as I am.

bootyshake.gif finger.gif

I've been nominated for WPOTM.
Rob-O
Jeez, what happened to the 'play nice or get your ass banned for a little while' rule?

I didn't see anything wrong with George's posts. Actually, if he wants to post a picture of the silver 916 every day, from different angles, different landscapes, different times of day, different places I'd be REALLY okay with that.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 24 2020, 06:53 PM) *

What's next George ?
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 24 2020, 06:55 PM) *

Always.......always with the self promotion or braggadocia
QUOTE(Rand @ Feb 24 2020, 07:47 PM) *

He has 914club.com
Do your stuff there, Geo. We don't like it here.

Gentlemen....

Bashing other members here will eventually result in a timeout. It doesn't matter who does it. If you have a problem with George, then block his posts. Don't go showing your ass in a public forum.

Clay

RickS
Thank you Clay. Character assassination has no place here.

There are plenty of other things we can do wink.gif
914bub
popcorn[1].gif
zfisher6164
Keep posting George I like to see them and I have found you to be very helpful
thanks
mlindner
George, mine went to the painter all rapped up and came home in a snow storm. MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
beautiful picture with the orange 914 and the green pine trees, would make a nice poster

QUOTE(mlindner @ Feb 26 2020, 09:09 AM) *

George, mine went to the painter all rapped up and came home in a snow storm. MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Rand
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 24 2020, 08:07 AM) *

(I took this one with my phone upright and perfectly straight, and it still posted sideways!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And yet you don't see how you just explained your answer. No, you still haven't learned which side of your phone camera is UP. Oof. When you figure it out, put a piece of tape on the top or something. You do know the short edge of the phone is not the top of the camera, right? That would be like saying the left side of your tv is up.
mangrum
Last Christmas my son got me an all expenses trip to the Atlanta Porsche Experience tour and 911 Carrera GTS Experience. It was a great experience, pun intended, and driving that GTS was a thrill. The best part was spending a weekend with my son. Icing on the cake was seeing George’s cars. I’m glad they were still there.
EdwardBlume
Love the orange! beerchug.gif
brcacti
Thanks for showing the pictures
raynekat
George, I for one always enjoy your pics. Please continue to post.
brcacti
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 28 2020, 04:45 PM) *

George, I for one always enjoy your pics. Please continue to post.

Yeah, I just wish I lived closer to some of these people so I could go visit. It's a big country.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.