Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Can we start a series of threads for the "Best ____"?

We are all regularly looking for the best parts and suppliers for our cars. And the simple reviews and recommendations get buried deep inside other threads.

I envision folks reviewing these things and writing up 'shoot out' reviews and recommendations, indicating the pluses and minuses of a part or supplier. Maybe discretely acquire competing items and post an objective, comparative review of the part and buying and customer support experience.

Start each thread title off with the word "Best" for easy searchability

This thread series would be focused on aftermarket parts/service where the presumption is that OEM, NOS parts would be preferable by default, so are not included except as perhaps a reference.

Categories such as:
Best Upholstery material
Best Tailight Lenses
Best Battery
Best Bumper Repair/Chroming Service
Best Transaxle fluid
Best Tires
Best Brake Pads
Best Gauge Restoration Service
Best Mufflers

etc etc etc Add categories as appropriate.
rhodyguy
Vendors with shipping company accounts that pass the savings to buyers?
mb911
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 25 2020, 08:49 AM) *

Man I do that to a fault and always forget the cost of boxing and tape.. The biggest issue as of late is the charge back audits from ups..

I am going to vote for best sheet metal restoration design @peteyd

They offer great deals and use galvaneel which I think is awesome.

I will also comment the Auto Atlanta does have a nice fitting tail light lense.. The ones I got are fantastic
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, there are some real deals on shipping companies out there that no one but a few know, wish I did. Many companies ship complete engines from ebay sales for shipping included and their parts prices are still great. They must have a connection somewhere

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 25 2020, 09:49 AM) *

rhodyguy
Ben, don't forget time and gas driving to youhaul to buy a $20 roll of bubble wrap so items remain as packed. To get the BEST shipping for big stuff (FedEx dist center) is 30-40 minutes each way. Plus line time. Cutting down a big box to remain beneath oversized or making a custom box to avoid multiple boxes goes with the sale. What's a hour worth?
mb911
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 25 2020, 10:02 AM) *

Ben, don't forget time and gas driving to youhaul to buy a $20 roll of bubble wrap so items remain as packed. To get the BEST shipping for big stuff (FedEx dist center) is 30-40 minutes each way. Plus line time. Cutting down a big box to remain beneath oversized or making a custom box to avoid multiple boxes goes with the sale. What's a hour worth?

Exactly.. I spent about 7k with UPS last year and probably lost 1k on top of that for time and materials
Mark Henry
You forgot to add "Best Oil" to the list. hide.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.