Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Northeast Anniversary Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Big Len
QUOTE(914Steve @ Jun 23 2020, 10:43 PM) *

I plan on joining with 1 guess just for Saturday portion. Thanks Steve

I believe there are several coming just for the ride which is great. Bring it.
lvnzdrm
Working through my punch list, Dave says I always have a punch list. 100 mile drive on this past Saturday created a few more items. Hope to finish up the last few things this weekend. Close to 400 miles one way out of Virginia.
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 23 2020, 10:32 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 23 2020, 08:00 PM) *

Gonna be great.
Get to meet many and put names and faces with avatars.
Plenty of our favorite cars as a bonus.

agree.gif piratenanner.gif

agree.gif agree.gif piratenanner.gif
This is gonna be SOOOOO neat!
BillC
My wife and I would really like to come to this, but it doesn't look like the "new" teener will be ready for a long drive by then.
Big Len
QUOTE(BillC @ Jun 25 2020, 08:52 PM) *

My wife and I would really like to come to this, but it doesn't look like the "new" teener will be ready for a long drive by then.

Sorry to hear, but if your 914 is down, you can still come if the other car is a Porsche. If not, next year.
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
14carrot
Len, Dave and everyone concerned...

So sad to say that unless I plan to do a great daredevil jump across the Niagara gorge I will not be able to get into the USA for your event. It is now definite that the border will remain closed.

Click to view attachment

Damn C blink.gif VID 19

914 Jump
914dave
QUOTE(14carrot @ Jun 27 2020, 09:23 AM) *

Len, Dave and everyone concerned...

So sad to say that unless I plan to do a great daredevil jump across the Niagara gorge I will not be able to get into the USA for your event. It is now definite that the border will remain closed.

Click to view attachment

Damn C blink.gif VID 19

914 Jump

Bummer
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jun 27 2020, 05:06 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

MSDS driving.gif 914 Door-Prize swag driving-girl.gif on it's way to Dillsburg, PA flag.gif
Happy 50th Golden anniversary to the 914 !
Marty

saigon71
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 27 2020, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jun 27 2020, 05:06 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

MSDS driving.gif 914 Door-Prize swag driving-girl.gif on it's way to Dillsburg, PA flag.gif
Happy 50th Golden anniversary to the 914 !
Marty

Thanks again Marty! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
Door-prize is...a basic msds #AC-001 high flow 3.2 air filter kit. Designed for the 911 Carrera, but with a few tweaks >> sits pretty in the 9146 engine bay. This one in the pic belongs to a Certain green Six here on World driving.gif
Click to view attachment
saigon71
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 27 2020, 09:39 PM) *

Door-prize is...a basic msds #AC-001 high flow 3.2 air filter kit. Designed for the 911 Carrera, but with a few tweaks >> sits pretty in the 9146 engine bay. This one in the pic belongs to a Certain green Six here on World driving.gif
Click to view attachment

drooley.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 27 2020, 09:39 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Somebody's gonna love this. Thank you so much!!!
Big Len
**********************LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL********************

Tomorrow is the last day for reserving rooms at the group rate and/or notification of you attending, even if it's for the day. I cannot guarantee any PCA commemorative gifts or lunch reservations after that, as final numbers will be totaled on Wednesday. Of course, you'll be welcome to attend, even spur of the moment, but I may not have an awesome goodie bag for you.

As of today, we have 20 rooms reserved with at least 2 dozen cars coming. This is way beyond my most optimistic expectations. We've got a few original owner cars, a few wide body's, several 6's, a creamsickle, and everything in between. And I must also say the generosity of more than a dozen vendors, suppliers, and friends has been overwhelmingly and will be prominently displayed and a copy for every attendee will be given.

Dave 914, Saigon Bob and I have been putting in the time to schedule an event that's easy going, fun, safe, and interesting.

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone.
VaccaRabite
Looks like I can come!
All the Boy Scout camps have been cancelled so I will be able to join in the fun.
Trying to get my car on a dyno before this event to get a few bugs tuned out of my EFI, but the car is running driving - though idle is a tad high and hot starts are snotty.

Also hoping the "quiet" exhaust I orderd from Ben is done and on the car by the event so Amy and I can actually talk to each other in the car. :-)

Zach
Big Len
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jun 29 2020, 10:22 PM) *

Looks like I can come!
All the Boy Scout camps have been cancelled so I will be able to join in the fun.
Trying to get my car on a dyno before this event to get a few bugs tuned out of my EFI, but the car is running driving - though idle is a tad high and hot starts are snotty.

Also hoping the "quiet" exhaust I orderd from Ben is done and on the car by the event so Amy and I can actually talk to each other in the car. :-)

Zach

Excellent.
gereed75
Due to cancellation of another event, looks like I can attend. Thinking I will just come in for the day Saturday.

What time do you think Saturday drive will get underway?
Big Len
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jun 30 2020, 08:43 AM) *

Due to cancellation of another event, looks like I can attend. Thinking I will just come in for the day Saturday.

What time do you think Saturday drive will get underway?

That would be great. Driver's meeting at 9:30 am with us leaving hotel parking lot about 10.
gereed75
Perfect. Very gentlemanly off time !
NJ914
So my engine is out and I'm in the middle of replacing the main seals, etc... Trying hard to get everything done and back together to make it to this event. But it's going to be tight and a game time decision.

I'm 50 miles away so would like to make it a day trip on Saturday. Do I need to sign up and how?Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Big Len
QUOTE(NJ914 @ Jun 30 2020, 09:15 AM) *

So my engine is out and I'm in the middle of replacing the main seals, etc... Trying hard to get everything done and back together to make it to this event. But it's going to be tight and a game time decision.

I'm 50 miles away so would like to make it a day trip on Saturday. Do I need to sign up and how?Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

We'll put it on the side for you. Get to work !! sawzall-smiley.gif
VaccaRabite
According to the lady I just spoke with, there are only 2 rooms left in the block of rooms for this event.

Zach
Porschef
QUOTE(NJ914 @ Jun 30 2020, 09:15 AM) *

So my engine is out and I'm in the middle of replacing the main seals, etc...

Do the galley/gallery plugs; I did them with the engine out, not difficult. Also the two or three behind the flywheel beerchug.gif Click to view attachment
NJ914
I'm terrified of those things....
rgalla9146
reservations confirmed ......clerk said 'appears to be sold out'
Guess I better wash the car.
Big Len
I originally booked 20 rooms never thinking they would sell out. They may mean that block.
saigon71
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jun 29 2020, 10:22 PM) *

Looks like I can come!

Zach

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
ValcoOscar
Great to see this gathering happening piratenanner.gif Way to go Len, Dave & Bob beerchug.gif
Box of my 914 Gear SWAG is shipping to @saigon71 Monday.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Oscar

914dave
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 1 2020, 12:48 PM) *

Great to see this gathering happening piratenanner.gif Way to go Len, Dave & Bob beerchug.gif

Enjoy!!!!!!

Oscar

Oscar
Thank for the contribution!!
Dave
VaccaRabite
As of today all of PA is under a 100% mask order. If you are out of your home you have to have one on. Be sure to bring your mask for this event.

Zach
saigon71

Enjoy!!!!!!

Oscar

Oscar:

Your generosity and willingness to help out with an event on the other side of the country is greatly appreciated. beerchug.gif aktion035.gif

Bob
Spoke
I think I can make the drive but need to split early for the next door neighbor kid's graduation party. I'm bringing a couple of sets of brake LEDs for the raffle. One of the brake LEDs will be a new design with a RS-like round LED pattern like shown below.

Big Len
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 2 2020, 02:08 PM) *

I think I can make the drive but need to split early for the next door neighbor kid's graduation party. I'm bringing a couple of sets of brake LEDs for the raffle. One of the brake LEDs will be a new design with a RS-like round LED pattern like shown below.

Wow Jerry, these are so friggen cool and thank you so much. Glad to hear you can make the drive.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 2 2020, 11:08 AM) *

aktion035.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jul 2 2020, 04:09 AM) *

Enjoy!!!!!!

Oscar

Oscar:

Your generosity and willingness to help out with an event on the other side of the country is greatly appreciated. beerchug.gif aktion035.gif

Bob

Two boxes of colorful 914 Swag on their way. A good mix, so should be enough for all attendees!!!!!

ENJOY beer3.gif

Oscar
saigon71
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 2 2020, 02:08 PM) *

These look great - thank you Jerry! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 1 2020, 10:39 PM) *

As of today all of PA is under a 100% mask order. If you are out of your home you have to have one on. Be sure to bring your mask for this event.

Zach

Thanks for the update @vaccarabite , that helps in making an ultimate decision if to come. My wife is "at risk" and I ain't no spring chicken!
Olympic 914
As much as I would like to attend, an abundance of caution (Maybe too much) is keeping me away from many events.

Have Fun guys..
914dave
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Jul 4 2020, 12:35 PM) *

As much as I would like to attend, an abundance of caution (Maybe too much) is keeping me away from many events.

Have Fun guys..

Your presence will be missed Tom. We’ll see you down the road. Maybe the end of September in Pigeon Forge? I have it b on my schedule.
Big Len
A couple of things about this event and C-19:

The area - Checking with the PA Regional Health Dept, northeastern PA is not a hot spot and incidences are very low. E. Stroudsburg is a college town and classes haven't been in session for months. Northeastern PA is not like the recently spiking southern or southwestern U.S.

The Hotel - This nationwide chain has their own set of proprietary protocols that go beyond CDC guidelines. If there is a concern, please speak to Bonnie, the manager.

The Gathering - Everyone is required to wear masks when you are near other people, period. 95% of what we're doing will be outside and not in a confining space. Our BBQ is set up so that you WILL NOT be able to grab your own food, you will be served by one person with gloves and a mask. That goes for Friday night pizza, breakfast, a burger, whatever. All food items will be served on individual plates. I ordered numerous condiments in small packets, so if you need ketchup, pepper, mustard or a napkin, you will be given it. Hand sanitizer will be available, but as always, bring extra for yourself. Each person will be given a mask if you need one. Even though I believe the risk is very low, we want to mitigate that risk at every opportunity.

We have a number of older owners, myself and my wife included, who are coming. I believe this group that are attending get the details and have respect enough to have a good time without risking anyone's health.

So, if you have serious concerns about this issue, tell me now and please, do not come. We understand your concerns.
And if you feel that wearing a mask or adhering to a few little rules will ruin this anniversary event, PM me and do not come. We'd love to see you, but Bob, Dave, and I want you to have a good time and feel comfortable doing it.
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 4 2020, 03:28 PM) *

A couple of things about this event and C-19:

The area - Checking with the PA Regional Health Dept, northeastern PA is not a hot spot and incidences are very low. E. Stroudsburg is a college town and classes haven't been in session for months. Northeastern PA is not like the recently spiking southern or southwestern U.S.

The Hotel - This nationwide chain has their own set of proprietary protocols that go beyond CDC guidelines. If there is a concern, please speak to Bonnie, the manager.

The Gathering - Everyone is required to wear masks when you are near other people, period. 95% of what we're doing will be outside and not in a confining space. Our BBQ is set up so that you WILL NOT be able to grab your own food, you will be served by one person with gloves and a mask. That goes for Friday night pizza, breakfast, a burger, whatever. All food items will be served on individual plates. I ordered numerous condiments in small packets, so if you need ketchup, pepper, mustard or a napkin, you will be given it. Hand sanitizer will be available, but as always, bring extra for yourself. Each person will be given a mask if you need one. Even though I believe the risk is very low, we want to mitigate that risk at every opportunity.

We have a number of older owners, myself and my wife included, who are coming. I believe this group that are attending get the details and have respect enough to have a good time without risking anyone's health.

So, if you have serious concerns about this issue, tell me now and do not come. We understand your concerns.
And if you feel that wearing a mask or adhering to a few little rules will ruin this anniversary event, PM me and do not come. We'd love to see you, but Bob, Dave, and I want you to have a good time and feel comfortable doing it.

piratenanner.gif
shag
Hello, This is John Owad here, and I am very sorry to say that I will not be attending the 914 get together. I certainly hope you all have a great time.
John
saigon71
QUOTE(shag @ Jul 5 2020, 06:55 PM) *

Hello, This is John Owad here, and I am very sorry to say that I will not be attending the 914 get together. I certainly hope you all have a great time.
John

Hi John:

You will be missed, but your decision is understood & respected.

Hope to see you at an event soon.

BillJ
So I just bought a 75 after a long departure from my 73. Thinking of a father son trip but currently on a lift with MC replacement needed. Trying to decide if I should go easy or normal from 914rubber. I can try to make it!
saigon71
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jul 5 2020, 09:59 PM) *

So I just bought a 75 after a long departure from my 73. Thinking of a father son trip but currently on a lift with MC replacement needed. Trying to decide if I should go easy or normal from 914rubber. I can try to make it!

Having been through a MC change, headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif I recommend easy. aktion035.gif
BillJ
So can I still sign up and be eligible for all the prizes and such? I definitely want to come. Will likely want to caravan if anyone is coming from DC area. I am a block from the pentagon.
BillJ
Just booked a room. I'm in. If the 914 isn't ready I can still bring the 958.
Big Len
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jul 8 2020, 02:35 PM) *

So can I still sign up and be eligible for all the prizes and such? I definitely want to come. Will likely want to caravan if anyone is coming from DC area. I am a block from the pentagon.

Bill, Call the hotel and see if there's another group rate room available. Talk to Bonnie or Lynn at the front desk. The phone number is on the first post. You're welcome to attend.
Big Len
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jul 8 2020, 02:42 PM) *

Just booked a room. I'm in. If the 914 isn't ready I can still bring the 958.

As long as you're a 914 owner, we'd like to have you.
BillJ
Yes i am.a past and present owner. Got the block rate and am.all.set. now just need to get some items ticked off the list on the car. Should be ready no sweat. Have the new mc coming tomorrow and thats the main peace of mind thing for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.